The Provincial Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator is a part of the MADANI project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Unit and will provide technical support to project M&E, research, learning and communication activities. The aim is to ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data is collected and analyzed to inform the Senior Management Team and other stakeholders of key lessons learned. In collaboration with the Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator and Senior Field Coordinator, the Coordinator will support the design and establishment of an M&E system, including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the project. The Provincial Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator will report to the MEL Specialist and will closely collaborate with the Monitoring and Reporting Officer, KMIS Specialist and Communication Specialist in performing the duty. S/he will be based in provincial level of MADANI target location in East Java, Central Java, West Java, South Sulawesi, and West Kalimantan.
Positions are based in the provincial capital and no housing allowance will be provided. The Provincial Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator will be expected to work with minimum facilities.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for the MADANI project in the targeted province.
- Support implementation of an M&E system to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress which design by national MEL team.
- Monitor submission of monthly and quarterly reports from Lead Partners and Field Coordinator, in collaboration with Senior Field Coordinator and report to MEL team.
- Monitor and provide technical assistance to the Lead Partners’ MEL staff to ensure the data quality submission and collection.
- Compile and aggregate all data submitted by Lead Partners, District Support Partners, Provincial Support Partners, Field Coordinators, and other sources of relevant information and perform quality assurance of all data in collaboration with the Monitoring and Reporting Officer using knowledge management information system (KMIS)
- Collaboration with other MEL team to contribute to internal MADANI Learning Week forums, providing data on progress towards outcomes, efficiency, effectiveness, and other implementation quality metrics
- Monitor and evaluate the technical assistances provided by service providers to ensure the completeness of MEL required documents
- Monitor implementation of Lead Partner’s MEL Plan in collaboration with Field Coordinator
- Support all relevant external learning events, learning forums and knowledge sharing initiatives
- Support production of knowledge products capturing project lessons learned and best practices as one of the efforts to advocate for sustainability and replication by the beneficiaries.
- Together with the Technical Team and Senior Field Coordinator, identify and promote MADANI practices and interventions that can be replicated to other districts
- Monitor potential impact stories and other success stories and share it with Communication Specialist and other MEL team members
- Establish and maintain sound and professional relationships with the project staff and with partners.
- Conduct monthly data quality audits to assess the quality of collected data for each Lead Partner
- Work closely with the project Technical Team in the field to ensure that data analysis and reports produced are aligned with the needs of MADANI
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree (bachelor or higher) in relevant subject and familiarity with quant/qual data collection methods
- A good understanding of M&E concepts and the development context in Indonesia, demonstrated by no less than 5 years of relevant professional experience working with government and/or development agencies/organizations
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in implementing M&E frameworks, systems and tools with specific capability in measuring and evaluating: 1) capacity development; 2) behavioral change and 3) policy change
- Ability to contribute to solving project implementation problems, by synthesizing and extracting insights from large and complex datasets
- Proficient with Microsoft Tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, technically challenging environment under minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with USAID programs is preferred
- Experience performing systems analysis for cross-cutting components in complex networks.
- Excellent written and communication skills, and sufficient understanding of English
- Interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination, particularly with GOI.