Public Financial Management Advisor
International Monetary Fund (IMF), Mbabane, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Fiscal Affairs Department (FAD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate to fill a position as Public Financial Management (PFM) Advisor to be based in Mbabane, Swaziland.
- The initial appointment term would be for a period of one year, on a renewable basis, subject to satisfactory performance, and it is expected that the advisor would spend at least two years in the position.
The Advisor will be expected to provide technical assistance on a wide range of PFM areas, in particular but not limited to:
- accounting and reporting, budget classification and a chart of accounts;
- budget execution and financial control;
- government banking, cash and debt management arrangements, treasury management; and
- financial management information systems.
- The work program will include diagnostic reviews, provision of technical advice, training, preparation of technical manuals, and support to planning of PFM and related organizational reforms in close coordination with FAD; support to the technical assistance work of FAD and the Regional Technical Assistance Center in Southern Africa and their experts; and coordination with other technical assistance providers working in the country.
Applicants should possess:
- A university degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the above duties professional work;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including electronic media);
- Experienced in designing and conducting training courses and workshops
- Have well developed analytical and research skills;
- Full proficiency in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, maintain effective and cooperative relations with the national authorities as well as donors, and handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had extensive (at least 10 years), practical experience in a senior line or advisory position within a ministry of finance or a related budgetary institution; have experience in PFM reforms and capacity building, working with donor organizations, in one or more of the PFM fields noted above; and have knowledge of the PFM issues and challenges in the regional context.
- Experience of working in countries with IMF supported programs and/or of working in the region would also be an advantage.
- Other qualified candidates, not selected for this position, may be considered for short-term technical assistance assignments.