Public Information Analyst
United Nations Volunteers , Mogadiscio, Somalia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of Communications, OCHA Somalia, or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Participate in the implementation of the corporate communications strategy, as well as the design and production of OCHA Somalia communications and publications, which are geared to influence the humanitarian agenda, promote public and media outreach and mobilize support for humanitarian operations in the country.
- Monitor the situation in the country and gather information on humanitarian, socio-economic, political, security, regional and cross-border issues and others of relevant concern. Research, analyze, and report on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management or emergency situations in assigned area.
- Compile, analyse and process data from a wide variety of sources as input for a range of reports and humanitarian briefings - including Humanitarian Snapshots, Flash Updates, Situation Reports, Country Operational Briefs, Briefing Packs for high-level missions etc. - as requested, for internal and external use.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written reports, documents and communications, e.g., drafts sections of studies, background papers, policy guidelines, parliamentary documents, briefings, case studies, presentations, correspondence, donor reports etc.
- Support advocacy initiatives on issues impacting humanitarian needs and response efforts through the collection of information, liaison with humanitarian partners, government officials, the media, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Communications, Media, International Relations or related area; A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in communications, reporting and analysis. Experiences working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent