Public Information Associate
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the OCHA Pakistan Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Head of OCHA Pakistan Communication and Information Unit, the national PIA will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Public Affairs: Assist in organizing and coordinating press conferences, press launches, media field visits, interviews, and media briefings for the Humanitarian Coordinator and the humanitarian community. Prepare press kits and briefing packs for use by staff and media.
- Publications: Contribute to the drafting editing, and production of a range of public information material including interest stories, fact sheets, updates and briefing materials. Maintain a system of classification and records for OCHA Pakistan publications.
- Communications: Identify potential stories from the field and collect photographs for the OCHA country office database and online photo galleries. Support the collection of field information to improve communication coordination activities and public information related materials as well as internal and external reports.
- Outreach: Assist with activities to promote public awareness, knowledge, and access to OCHA services, information, and public information materials.
- Advocacy: Support initiatives on issues impacting humanitarian needs and response efforts through the collection of information, liaising with humanitarian partners, donors, media, and government officials, for the development of appropriate strategies and public information materials.
- Media Monitoring: Regular review and record of media coverage of OCHA and circulate to relevant stakeholders.
- Any other duties servicing the humanitarian community as assigned by the UN Humanitarian Coordinator, OCHA Pakistan Head of Office and the Head of the Communication and Information Management Unit.
- Travel within Pakistan is required for this position
- Secondary level Degree
- University Degree in communications, journalism, social sciences or related field is desirable not mandatory
- 6 Years (Minimum of 6 years of progressively professional experience in communications, public relations, journalism, preferably related to humanitarian affairs (e.g emergency relief and recovery). Relevant professional experience within the UN common system would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of OCHA’s institutional mandates, policies and guidelines related to humanitarian affairs, public information and advocacy is desirable.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.)
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5405