Public Relations and Communications Officer
World Vision , Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the overall visibility component for World Vision Albania programs and projects. He/she is responsible for developing and implementing a project communication plan in accordance with the project implementation plan, and will work closely with the Public Relations & Communication Department of World Vision Albania. He/ she is responsible for producing high-quality communication and visibility products, including (but not limited to) TV documentaries, newsletters, success stories, leaflets, etc. He/ she is responsible for coordinating the necessary communication activities, this includes providing project support in the coordination, monitoring, reporting, and documentation of project activities as well as working with key people such as the Team Leaders and Project Managers. Acts as a communication focal point between all project parties.
Public – Community Connections:
- Evidence-based content for resource generation. Sponsorship Transformation and ministry
- Ensure outcome-focused quality production of visual and written content for defined donor segments and audiences reflecting programme objectives and evidence of impact.
- Ensure that Sponsorship resources are passing quality check. Advise and build capacity upon need. Facilitate all other deliverables required through Sponsorship generated in field level.
- Support the communication with sponsors through contributing to targeted materials. Support improving the dialogue between the sponsor and the community.
- Contribute to quality and programme aligned website / online platforms updates posted regularly; find innovative methods to attract more visitors to online channels.
- Ensure information on programme activities is bilingual.
- Support the Partnership Office resource gathering visits/VIPs/ Media (acknowledged via Share).
- Provide communications support during the organization of public events initiated by ADPs and programmes.
- Understand the concept of the Community for Development for Community Voice and Casual Content. Identify, scan and upload produced casual content to the Casual Media Library. Facilitate and train children/ youth/ community people/ staff based on programmatic needs.
- Be trained on emergency communications. Ensure effective and rapid provision of disaster response content for effective internal communications and marketing appeals that mobilize support during emergencies
Reputation & Influence:
- Organizational positioning in mainstream and social media to mobilize the public for social and policy change Contribute to Communications strategies and plans results in increased positive engagement of World Vision’s work in local and national media outlets.
- Local and national campaigns have an integrated website/content plan that secures positive public engagement coverage and improves visibility of key returnee issues.
- Ensure website content and engagement plan results are linked to World Vision, endorsing World Vision, and active in child well-being issues based discussion on World Vision - managed digital platforms.Ensure the external communication resources use correct World Vision identity.Ensure all the relevant information/content is archived and saved in the proper platforms/archives of World Vision Albania & Kosovo.
- Internal communications to mobilize staff for strategy, project execution and impact.
- Contribute to internal communications plan development.
- Ensure community voice content is used in internal communications platforms.
- Together with the Communications Manager contribute to the capacity building annual plan and reflect it in the performance agreement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- University Degree in journalism, communications, linguistic or marketing
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English and the local language;
- Story writing, photography and videography skills.
- Fluency in computer programs (Word, Power Point, and other editing programs).
- Solid knowledge in traditional media relations and use of social media channels.
- Knowledge of development work, understanding of reasons of poverty.
- Video editing skills.
- Previous experience in communications with international organizations, donor reporting and donor coordination would be considered an asset.
- At least 4 years of experience in journalism/ communications/media.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English and Albanian language.
- Should be ready for internal and external travels for the minimum 30% of working time.
- B category driving license (Three years of active driving).