Public Relations Officer
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full supervision of daily routine security issues, including following up with the security context, analyzing it, and specifying its impact on the NGO work, and taking the suitable decisions to reduce the impact on the NGO, it work, staff, and programs.
- Full supervision of PR Assistant, Receptionists and Guards.
- Discovering the weakness points in the work of security department and offices and providing suggestions.
- Coordinating and organizing the safety trainings, which are held every six months.
- Ensuring that all new staff have received security induction upon joining ACTED.
- Sending a weekly report, which summarizes the security developments in the operational area, their impact on the NGO and the decisions which were made by the security department as reactions to these developments.
- Ensuring that all required safety equipment is provided to the NGO premises and that it is all up to date.
- Circulating security and context updates with recommendations
- Validating daily and weekly movement plans.
- Developing a network of communication with stakeholders and ensuring the continuity of good relationships between the NGO and stakeholders and coordinating with them, in regards to humanitarian principles and the NGO policy.
- Doing the required security assessments for the new operational areas
- Supervising the process of issuing ID cards of the NGO staff.
- Conduct a weekly security briefing for all staff
- Drafting security incidents reports
QULAIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A university degree.
- Proven experience in public relation, liaison, safety, and security.
- Advanced reporting skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Highly familiar with the security situation in Syria.
- Highly familiar with MS office applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel in the operational area.
- A very good network of communication with stakeholders.
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written.