Purchasing and Administration Manager
World Vision , Managua, Nicaragua
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Effectively manage the function of the Supply Chain and Administration of World Vision Nicaragua in line with local and global policies and procedures, to support timely implementation in the National Office, Programs and Projects, promoting process improvement, simplification, standardization and cost containment, thus ensuring the achievement of Child Welfare results. The Purchasing and Administration Management will lead the areas of Purchasing, General Services or Logistics, Information Technology, Legal and GIK or Donations in Kind.
- Develop , manage and ensure the executio s strategy of sourcing and procurement at the national level, including regional and global priorities, through mechanisms Pla n favoring the production of the annual procurement plan for better local negotiations taking advantage of the economy scale and favoring the execution in time and form.
- 80% of purchases linked to contracts with strategic suppliers whom we evaluate for their performance .
- 7% annual savings on purchases
- Updated item catalog .
- Annual Procurement Plan and its execution or n
- Favorable conditions for the organization and staff regarding the comunicació n ACROSS és telephony will mó vile
- Provide guidelines and represent the Department in the WVN annual planning process
- Directing Measurement in n and G Estio n of the Desempeñ or
- 2 annual reports (at least) of compliance of the different areas of the Purchasing and Administration Department.
- Direct the management of Business Risk for the World Vision Office Nicaragua
- WVN keep within is ndares fellowship in it RELATIONSHIP n to the os levels of compliance and risk management rendició n accounts.
- Direct and ensure the control of administrative and GIK processes that guarantee quality and timely logistics services .
- Implementation of favorable systems and processes for the operation, in which innovation is promoted without prejudice to controls for the benefit of the organization .
- Direct and manage the asset control mechanisms for the Nicaragua World Vision Office .
- Better security conditions for the staff and the goods of the organization and good use of resources for a greater impact on the lives of the children, adolescents and young people for whom we owe ourselves.
- Develop and ensure the mechanisms due to service of Technolog to the I nformació n reliable, stable and timely.
- Innovation and proper functioning of IT systems nationwide.
- Build and ensure the mechanisms for due legal advice and accountability on legal issues .
- C OMPLIANCE and rendició n accounts on legal issues, ensuring expeditious responses in worki n of contracts and agreements, compliance with tax obligations, tax, municipal and any other í administrative Ndole , in compliance with applicable laws.
- University Degree or Postgraduate Degree in the areas of Economics, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
Knowledge and skills
- Listening skills
- Service orientation
- Decision-making skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation techniques
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Auto steering
- Budget management
- Analysis of data
- Orientation to results
- Process improvement
- Knowledge of purchasing and sourcing strategy
- Experience in P2P processes
- Drafting of Agreements and Administration of Suppliers / Contracts
Knowledge of World Vision International:
- Politics and procedures
- Basic knowledge of Finance
- Systems Knowledge
- Product knowledge
- The scope of this position requires that the incumbent be an experienced manager with at least 7 years of expertise in supply chain management, including at least 5 years in a leadership or administrative management position.
- A strong set of relationship building skills, both with suppliers and internal customers
- Experience with procurement tools
- Strong experience leading strategic supply programs
- Experience with specific processes relevant to WV Operations and international NGOs