The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries with knowledge, experience and resources to help people build better lives. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and citizens on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
The UNDP office in Haiti is a key partner of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) and acts as the Interim Principal Recipient (PR) of the new malaria grant. In its PR role, UNDP is responsible for financial and programmatic management and oversight of the Global Fund grant as well as the procurement of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products. In all areas of grant implementation, UNDP provides capacity building services to relevant institutions, sub-recipients and operational partners.
For the implementation of Global Fund grants, UNDP Haiti is establishing a Program Management Unit (PMU) which will manage, supervise and coordinate with national and technical partners the implementation of the grant in accordance with UNDP rules, policies and procedures and the Grant Agreement with the Global Fund.
Under the direct supervision of the Purchasing and Stock Management Specialist, the Analyst supports and ensures the efficient management of purchases and stocks for the malaria project financed by the Global Fund. He / she works closely with the project management team to ensure the proper execution of activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the process of quantifying medical inputs for malaria control:
- Represent the UNDP on the National Committee for the Quantification of Malaria Health Products and provide technical support to obtain quality quantifications in line with national needs;
- Participate in annual and quarterly quantification exercises;
- Ensure that quantification exercises are carried out according to the schedule and alert the hierarchy if deadlines are observed;
- Convene the members of the quantification committee if an ad hoc exercise of quantification / monitoring of stocks is to be carried out.
Ensure the development, execution and monitoring of health product purchasing plans
- UNDP / Global Fund, in particular:
- In collaboration with the specialist develops and implements the purchasing plan for pharmaceuticals and other medical products on the basis of the contractual planning document (the HPMT) validated by the Global Fund and ensure compliance with the execution deadlines of the purchasing plan;
- Monitor and update purchasing plans;
- Make requisitions for purchases, ensure follow-up with suppliers;
- Ensure compliance and application of the quality assurance policy for pharmaceutical and other health products of the UNDP and the Global Fund and compliance with Haitian regulations;
- Prepare documentation for cases submitted for review by the UNDP Contracts Committee (CAP);
- Development and implementation of the internal control system that ensures that purchase orders (POs) are duly prepared and processed;
- Management of the implementation of the procurement process monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate anomalies in procurement;
- In collaboration with the specialist, manages the Atlas tools, in particular the creation of purchase orders, receipt of supplies and payments to suppliers;
- Report procurement transactions in the Global Fund's price and quality reporting system (PQR);
- Ensure rapid processing of customs clearance procedures and organize the reception of products at the central level;
- In collaboration with the specialist, support the program audit process, from planning to implementation of related recommendations;
- Support the mitigation of risks associated with the procurement and management of health products and implement risk insurance measures.
Ensure proactive and regular monitoring of stocks, consumption and orders:
- With the support of the specialist, set up a dashboard of stocks and orders which gives a global visibility on the availability of health products;
- Identify the risk of out of stock and over-stock and analyze the reasons and notify the specialist;
- Ensure that the malaria technical committee meets regularly to monitor stocks, consumption and orders;
- Analyze inventory reports and distribution reports from warehousing and distribution service providers;
- Develop and implement the UNDP / FM quality assurance plan with the specialist.
With specialist support, ensure adequate storage and distribution of malaria health commodities purchased under the grant:
- Prepare contracts and contract amendments for service providers, consultants and UNDP sub-recipients with PSM responsibility;
- Manage calls for tenders for the selection of service providers involved in the supply chain (customs clearance, storage, transport): preparation of RFPs, bid evaluation exercises, liaise with candidates or bidders, procedure Selection;
- Ensure timely payments of service providers and consultants;
- Supervise the services provided for the storage and distribution of health products;
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback to service providers;
- Ensure fluid communication with providers;
- Ensure supervision visits to peripheral storage sites and health facilities in collaboration with the PNCM on aspects relating to the management of health inputs;
- Ensure adequate storage of products in the central store and departmental stores;
- Make sure storage spaces are available before the arrival of new products;
- Participate and support physical inventories at the central and peripheral level;
- Report to the supervisor any discrepancy relating to the storage and management of input stocks;
- Propose improvement measures in storage and logistics;
- Support and supervise the preparation of orders according to the schedule;
- Ensure that requisitions are made according to schedule and follow up on them;
- Support the National Malaria Control Program (PNCM) for the validation of orders in collaboration with the supervisor;
- Prepare transport plans;
- Supervise the transport of health inputs and ensure the return and archiving of documentation;
- Oversee the mass distribution of LLINs financed by the Global Fund in coordination with the sub-recipients and the service providers concerned;
- Support the collection of samples for quality control according to the established plan;
- Any other task requested by the supervisor.
I mpact s and Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall effectiveness of the project, both in the management of financial resources and in the successful implementation of the project.
- Ability to productively share knowledge and UNDP activities (at UN and other locations).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree or its equivalent in pharmacy.
- At least 5 years of experience in the management and / or logistics of health products;
- Knowledge of the principles of purchasing and inventory management of health inputs and quality assurance;
- Experience in a public health organization, preferably in international cooperation organizations would be an asset;
- Experience with United Nations or / and UNDP procurement policies and procedures, an asset;
- Knowledge of Global Fund rules, policies and procedures an asset.
- Excellent command of French.
- Knowledge of English an asset.