The World Food Program (WFP) is the United Nations body that fights against hunger and malnutrition throughout the planet. The vision of the WFP is focused on a world in which every man, woman, girl and boy has access at all times to the food necessary to lead an active and healthy life to achieve the goal of sustainable development Zero Hunger (SDG2), as well as promoting a global alliance to guarantee the sustainability of the population's well-being (SDG 17).
Through its new Strategic Country Plan 2018-2022, the WFP strengthens its capacity to support public policies through new capacities for advocacy, communication and higher quality research, to help influence resource decisions. This strategy will contribute to strengthening the capacities of national and sub-national institutions to administer policies and programs for food security, disaster risk management and social protection.
WFP assumes the role of catalyst for actors and initiatives that are still dispersed and uncoordinated and supports its counterparts (government, civil society, private sector, academia and the media) in building an alliance and designing a coherent message for the generation. of a movement of national aspiration to end hunger in Peru and improve eating habits by 2030.
To respond to this problem, the best implementation is required in terms of material and resources that favor the proper functioning of all the pillars and service units of WFP CO Peru.
The General Services Unit is required to fill the position of Office Assistant for the Purchasing unit, under the supervision of the person in charge of the Unit.
- It will monitor the execution of the Annual Purchase Plan;
- It will issue monthly reports with the main indicators of the area;
- It will respond to requests made to its area within the established deadlines and must be able to prioritize them, in order to provide an adequate and pertinent service;
- It will provide support in price information, updating of supplier data and their registration, and will carry out the corresponding monitoring in the purchasing system;
- It will make the invitations to tender through the United Nations platform in accordance with the Procurement procedures;
- It will carry out the evaluation of the suppliers' proposals, prepare comparative tables, the corresponding minutes, the award letters and those of not awarded;
- It will issue the Purchase Orders for goods and services in the system, it will monitor each of the processes;
- It will keep up to date the record of purchases of goods and services, and of contracts issued;
- He will support in the maintenance and organization of the purchase records under his charge and the files of the corresponding area, in accordance with the standards established by the WFP system, in order to guarantee that they are on date and available to other members of his team;
- It will provide support in the evaluation of alternatives for the implementation of cash transfers to the beneficiaries.
- It will carry out, if necessary, field visits for the evaluation of suppliers.
- It will contribute to the improvement of the processes and procedures of the area;
- It will collect and perform purchasing information analysis to optimize resource management;
- It will guide the office personnel who require it in the purchasing processes;
- Other tasks / activities assigned by the Representative;
- Possess communication skills that allow you to interact assertively and cooperatively with office staff;
- Have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively;
- Must possess organizational skills, efficient management of information and time;
- Being able to recognize the importance of maintaining confidentiality in the processes carried out;
- You must have completed university studies, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Industrial Engineering or similar;
- Possess knowledge of the English language at an intermediate level;
- Knowledge of the MM Purchasing module in SAP will be valued;
- Possess knowledge of Excel at an intermediate - advanced level;
- It is desirable to have at least three years of experience in the purchasing area in the mining and public services sectors (electricity and gas);
- It is desirable to have experience in the United Nations System;.