Responsible to ensure the quality of software for functional areas of the product, for both Web application and mobile applications, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication, and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support and Operations team members. Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology, version control, appropriate testing, and risk guidelines. Acts as an internal expert in terms of the assigned system and is responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Plays a critical role in delivering high-quality service and support to various levels of internal users. Conducts technical and analytical work in developing, designing, and/or analyzing technical solutions for clients. Assesses new software products and solutions. Duties include participation in client needs assessments, evaluating hardware and platform availability, and software requirements.
- Ensures system documentation is up to date, including data related to incidents and enhancements.
- Updates system documentation per the change/release process.
- Contributes to the definition of standards, best practices, and maintenance of applications.
- Assists in the evaluation, development, and implementation of company systems, including custom developed, off-the-shelf, and/or hosted solutions.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Defines and mentor staff in standards, best practices, and maintenance of applications.
- Plan, write and execute test cases based on requirements using Test Management Tool (JIRA).
- Write and execute SQL query to test back-end process.
- Execute both manual test and automated test scripts.
- Perform Web testing across multiple browsers on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Write and execute API test (Rest API).
- Record test result, report, and manage defects using standard QA process.
- Troubleshoot complex setup to replicate and determine the root cause.
- Work with Project Manager and Development Team to identify test cases and provide project status.
- Ensures the consistent and reliable use of all code management and library systems assuring available, reproducible and reusable programs.
- Coordinates with company employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Works with IT (ITIL Lifecycle) and project teams to analyze and clarify operational and platform requirements.
- Participates in business requirements definition and documentation.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Participates in projects and initiatives as a project resource.
- Design appropriate system solutions, translate business requirements into system specifications.
- Setup, configure, or develop business applications to support business requirements.
- Develop and execute system test plans.
- Develop and execute plans for deploying the applications into production.
- Identify and resolve project issues to further the project execution process.
- Troubleshoot issues in the use and functioning of the applications.
- Work with technical developers and database administrators to correct issues in the functioning of the applications.
- May assist in the use of a combination of data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling and accounting principles to ensure efficient and comprehensive designs.
- Coordinate with application vendors as needed in the support process.
- Administer applicable security in adherence to the application’s access request and approval procedure(s).
- Provide regular communication on the status of assignments, requests and projects.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Integrates knowledge and skills from other specialties to address moderate to complex work assignments and problems.
- Supports technology applications by exploring and adapting to changing technologies.
- Independently applies technical judgment to work assignments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proactively verifies problem resolution. Independently resolves routine and non-routine problems. Performs diagnostics on assigned software and/or hardware.
- Makes suggestions for technical modifications to prevent future problems.
- Oversee and facilitate the work of others (Developers and other analysts) in support of the project execution process.
- Train entry-level Application Analysts.
- Provide guidance and support the users in their efforts to become proficient in the use of the applications.
- Consults with clients and higher- level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering.
- 2– 5 years of related work experience with web development.
- Demonstrate 3+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrated the ability to perform all type of testing (web, API, database, UX).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile methodology.
- Experience with API setup and testing, creating Automation and Performance Testing script (Selenium/PhantomJS/Behat).
- Proven ability work hard and open to challenges beyond just QA work.
- Proactively work to drive towards continual improvement of the product quality.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working in the fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).