Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, overall guidance of the Director of the UNESCO Harare and the direct supervision of the team leader of STEP, the incumbent
of the post will be responsible for the implementation of the activities related specific objective 2 aiming at improving the quality and relevance of TEVET. Specifically, s/he will undertake the following
tasks and responsibilities:
1. Coordinate, under the supervision of the team leader, the implementation of activities related specific objective 2 aiming at improving the quality and relevance of TEVET;
- Draft terms of references, manage contracts and provide inputs related to activities foreseen in the framework of objective 2 aiming at improving the quality and relevance of
- Review and developing the selected Curriculum with a gender perspective
- Support the working group in charge of developing the NQF and beneficiary institutions in developing a formal policy and implementation/action plan for the NQF;
- Assist the working group in developing a methodology and criteria for defining, developing, approving and maintaining qualifications.
2. Coordinate the implementation of objective 2 in compliance with the project specific objectives, activities and expected outputs by:
- Ensuring a quality achievement of objective 2 outputs in line with UNESCO qualitative standards and donor’s rules and regulations;
- In cooperation with UNESCO’s team members designing a detailed work plan and regularly monitoring its implementation;
- Preparing a plan for the procurement of goods and services and regularly monitoring its implementation;
- Identifying project implementation partners and providers of goods and services;
- Drafting terms of reference of contracts for implementation of objective 2 activities;
- Following–up on the implementation of the contracts, assessing the quality of services provided and requesting disbursement of funds;
- Contribute to set-up internal and external collaborative frameworks for effective implementation of the programme;
- Building synergies with other projects and activities of the other development partners in the sector.
3. Provide technical assistance and inputs on project activities related to objective 2 in particular capacity building activities including:
- Reviewing and developing the selected Curriculum with a gender perspective
- Supporting the working group in charge of developing the NQF and beneficiary institutions in developing a formal policy and implementation/action plan for the NQF;
- Assist the working group in developing a methodology and criteria for defining, developing, approving and maintaining qualifications;
- Provide coaching, training (and training materials) to build the capacity of the beneficiaries(notably qualification developers and validators) in the task of analysis and development of the occupational standards and qualifications of both formal and informal sectors;
4. Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and the reporting on project activities by:
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluating project activities, reporting on progress and suggesting updates of the project log frame;
- Presenting analysis on project performance in particular for objective 2 based on commitment of indicators and implementation of activities as well as output delivery;
- Regularly monitoring the financial status of objective 2 and suggesting to Team Leader revisions if needed;
- Contributing to preparation of reports on project activities for UNESCO, the donor and partners;
- Fostering exchanges of information, experience, identifying new strategies of action to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project requirements and objective 2 expected outcomes.
- Carry out other activities as requested by his/her supervisors at the Regional Office for Southern
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in education, social sciences, engineering, development studies or related area.
- At least four to seven years of extensive experience in qualifications and curricula design and knowledge of the various practical problems of innovative qualifications and curricula design and implementation methods.
- At least four years of experience in developing national qualifications framework processes in African context.
- Experience and understanding of capacity development in education and training.
- Good knowledge of the changing labour market and the world of work in particular in Southern African Development Community (SADC) countries would be an asset.
- Good team building and ability to work in international environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and oral expression.
- Good computer and other IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Previous experience with UN agencies and/or European Union.
- Experience in monitoring learning outcomes
HOW TO APPLY
-To apply, please send your application letter, UNESCO CV (CV Form to be used), in English by email torecruitmentSTEP-ROSA@unesco.org before 4 June 2016 midnight (Paris time).