Outline India, Gurgaon, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Outline India is a research firm focusing on data collection and geared towards evidence-based decision making. We are committed to strengthening the design of programs and interventions by conducting needs assessments, formative research, and monitoring and evaluation studies. Outline India focuses on catalyzing the work of academics, think tanks, corporate social responsibility arms, not for profits, funders and the Indian Government. In the last six years, we have worked on over 100 evaluations in 26 states and union territories, over 8000+ villages, representing 4.5 million stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, settings, and sectors, with the aim to include their needs, opinions, and views to draft and inform the work of our partners and policymakers in a better way. We have recently commenced operations in Nepal. Outline India has recently launched a tech platform and application - Track your Metrics (TYM) that hopes to automate social assessments. TYM has a massive and evolving survey bank, with surveys linked to indicators. We are looking for someone who is interested in working with a young and growing social enterprise and is keen on contributing to its growth within the development/social sector space.
- The qualitative researcher will closely work on research projects, developing study designs and survey instruments, be conducting fieldwork and writing report. We are looking for someone who has experience in conducting interviews and focus group discussions and is willing to travel across the country for fieldwork.
- Preparing research proposals (working on the method and sampling, both quantitative and qualitative for monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment studies).
- Secondary research for projects and proposals.
- Literature review, design and pilot survey instruments and tools. Review of survey tools received from the client and translation of the same.
- Assist the research team in developing training material for the field team.
- Developing budgets for research projects.
- Field mapping, planning, training and execution.
- Travelling to field to conduct trainings, fieldwork monitoring, interviews, focus group discussions etc. as required.
- Collaborate and contribute to company’s new research projects/ ideas.
- Qualitative data analysis and report writing.
- Attending conferences, talks, writing blogs, and papers.
- Liasoning with the Company’s current and potential clients.
- Provide logistical support to the team as and when required.
- A Postgraduate/ M.Phil. Degree from a relevant discipline.
- At least two years of professional/research work experience in a relevant field.
- Prior fieldwork experience is necessary.
- Familiarity with one or more Indian languages.
- Experience with qualitative research including ethnographic methods, PRA techniques, reflexive analysis and report writing, and other relevant methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional experience in M&E in project-based settings.
- Some familiarity with quantitative research and mixed-method study design.
- Knowledge of the development sector in India.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility for the timely completion of activities.
- Innovative and receptive to working on new ideas and proposals.
- Strong Microsoft skills (Word and Excel).
- Experience of working with National/ International NGOs/ UN Bodies/Government/start-ups will be valued.