Quality of Care
RTI International, Pasig City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Provides technical expertise to strengthen and expand the provision/delivery of quality, client-centered respectful family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services for men, women, and adolescents with unmet needs in underserved areas. S/he will be based in Manila HQ and wil provide leadership, direction, and content to CQI framework development and implementation in health facilities within a service delivery network. The SQC Advisor’s working closely with the RTI Senior Director is primarily responsible to develop CQI technical strategies, approaches and plans. In collaboration with the Regional Teams s/he will model, monitor and document and scale-up the CQI mechanisms, processes, and tools.
- Assist in establishing baseline data on quality improvement initiatives in public health facilities
- Collaborate with the Project’s MERLA team to design formative research on the concept of patient-centered, gender sensitive, and respectful care and services among service providers and clients
- Collaborate with the Project’s Research Manager in the supervision and oversight of the STTA/research group engaged to conduct the formative research
- In consultation with the RTI Senior Director develop CQI mechanisms/approaches, tools and guides for modeling within all SDN health facilities in Batangas
- Collaborate with DOH WMHDD, BLHAD, and CHD IV-A IN organizing and facilitating a series of consultation and planning workshops with the Batangas SDN Management Team to model the CQI mechanism and tools in all health facilities within the SDN
- Monitor progress of CQI modeling, document and present to DOH (national and regional) for approval, adoption and scale-up
- In collaboration with DOH national and regional offices, LGUs and the Project’s Regional Teams scale-up, monitor progress and document CQI implementation
- Lead CQI implementation, including all related training, coaching, supportive supervision, mentoring and evaluation
- Develop technical documents, review and finalize technical products (studies, reports, technical briefs, guides/manuals of procedures)
- Provide coaching and mentoring at the individual, organizational and institutional level in the implementation of CQI
- Liaise with MERLA team on the development of CQI M&E systems, including indicators; data collection tools and SOPs; data management systems; data quality assurance policies and procedures; data review; and data analysis.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans, quarterly/annual performance reporting, technical briefs and documentation of success stories/weekly highlights.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Doctor of Medicine, with a Master’s degree in Public Health or a combination of relevant education, training and experience in Continuing Quality Initiatives Family Planning and Maternal/Neonatal Health programs in health facilities
- At least 10 years of relevant and significant experience in CQII program design and management with progressive responsible work experience in implementation and technical assistance.
- Experience with developing and implementing CQI initiatives and quality assurance standards highly preferred.
- Experience preferred with testing and adapting CQI approaches/mechanisms and tools
- Strategic thinker with ability to write clearly and express complex concepts
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Willingness to travel at least 30%
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint