Cardno Emerging Markets, Arlington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Quality Management - 50%
- Provide instruction, advice and guidance regarding Quality Management System’s, (QMS) roles, responsibilities and authorities and describe processes to ensure they are identified and communicated;
- Ensure the Cardno ID US Quality Management System is utilized by all staff in their daily activities with a focus on delivering outstanding outcomes for our clients;
- Provide a value adding approach to project delivery, process improvement and quality;
- In conjunction with APAC HSEQ manage, coordinate the audit function (both external and internal);
- Lead Quality meetings, communicate QMS updates, and establish QMS inductions and awareness training as appropriate;
- Manage the ID US QMS Intranet page;
- Oversee maintenance of QMS documentation including systems procedures, work instructions, forms and guidance materials;
- Assist employees with tender responses and queries relating to the QMS;
- Act as a stakeholder when new business tools/processes are proposed/introduced;
- Support the ID UD office to develop an ISO 9001 compliant QMS including gathering information on existing procedures, liaising with the Business Units on required actions, providing information and support and ongoing “maintenance” support after certification;
- Raise awareness of the QMS including supporting new hires to be familiar with the QMS, relevant processes and located key documents and tools; and
- Communicate QMS issues, performance and changes.
Health Safety and Environment (HSE) – 30%
- Provide guidance to ID US staff and project management teams on HSE policies and procedures to promote and enforce safety;
- Drive and promote continuous improvement to the Zero Harm safety culture, the HSE program, systems, and tools;
- Support operations and project management with development of safety procedures;
- Develop and manage ID US HSE communications and trainings for employees;
- Proactively coordinate and communicate with the HSE Area Manager and Global Security Manager on HSE initiatives, significant incidents, policy questions and concerns/recommendations;
- Provide timely response and guidance to employees on the intent of Cardno HSE procedures and systems;
- Provide HSE monthly status report to ID US Management and HSE Area Manager; and
- Manage the ID US HSE portion of the Cardno intranet to ensure employee access to procedures, points of contact and related HSE information.
Business Insurance (General and Project Specific) – 10%
- Oversee and prepare the annual Business Insurance renewal process to ensure proper insurance coverages in conjunction with Cardno Legal;
- Assist with the annual Defense Base Act (DBA) Insurance renewal and reconciliation;
- Assist with submitting applications for DBA coverage for appropriate projects;
- Assist with filing claims brought on behalf of the company/employees and any other paperwork assigned in conjunction with DOL and HR;
- Manage and request Certificates of Insurance coverage (COI) for relevant contracts, landlord, and special projects; and
- Provide guidance to project teams on project contractual requirements.
Other Responsibilities – 10%
- Manage intranet and SharePoint updates as needed;
- Assist with document updates for Administration, Operations, Finance and Human Resources; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal Candidate
Required Education & Experience
- University degree in Business, International Relations, or related field required with 8 - 10 years of experience.
- Proven experience as Quality Manager.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team-orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to take initiative, prioritize, and follow through on tasks.
- Strong sense of responsiveness to internal and external requests and the ability to work with diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Self-starter who enjoys proposing innovative solutions to identified challenges or gaps.
- Well-developed customer service skills and ability to write clearly.
- High level proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.