RC Lifecycle Coordinator
United Nations Secretariat, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the United Nations Development Coordination Office (UNDCO) and reports to the Chief of the RC System Leadership Branch.
Within delegated authority, the RC Lifecycle Coordinator will be responsible for managing all processes and procedures related to the RC life cycle. This includes the following:
- Conduct strategic workforce planning
- Coordinate the RC selection process, including shortlisting, documents preparation and support to the inter-agency Assessment Panel.
- Coordinate the RC onboarding and end-of-assignment processes
- Manage information systems and databases, including analytical reporting.
- Produce data visualization on UN leadership trends, including Resident Coordinator selection and appointment, diversity, and pool compositions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in areas related to human resources management or project management is required.
- Experience in talent management, particularly of senior UN leaders, is desirable.
- Experience working with senior UN leaders is desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience with inter-agency or interorganizational collaboration in the development sector is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of a second official United Nations language is an advantage.