UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child: The objective of this consultancy is to provide technical support to the EMIS/ Equity and Inclusive Education Thematic Working Group in their work on decentralizing equity-based planning and budgeting in the education sector in the emerged federal context in Nepal.
How can you make a difference?
The Consultant will be responsible to achieve the following tasks:
- Updating the learning indicator data source and computing of the full equity index;
- Updating the parameters of the Equity Index from district to municipality;
- Computing of the equity resource index;
- Computation of 753 local equity indexes;
- Support the embedding of the Equity index in the web-based EMIS portal and profile cards;
- Supporting the development of provincial and local government Program Results Framework status and benchmarks;
- Supporting publications on Equity strategy and index and to present this by Government at international conference(s);
- Support the updating of the consolidated equity strategy.
Duration of Contract: The duration of this contract is approximately 9 months and is expected to begin from 01 July 2018.
- Submission of report that includes the computation of 753 LG indexes (including the value of the three dimensions and the dominant drivers of disparities) as well as an analysis of overall findings.
- Submission of EMIS data packages and briefs to be included in the toolkit on ESIP development for LGs
- Conduct modelling exercise to incorporate proposed revisions in the SSDP PRF
- Submission of disaggregated PRF for 753 LGs including the status against the indicators that are reported through EMIS and the benchmarks in terms of expected contributions to the national PRF.
- Submission of technical and non-technical brief and power point presentation on the development of the resource-based equity index and the formula to allocate additional resources to selected LGs based on their ESIPs
- Equity Index fully embedded in the web-based EMIS portal
- Submission of progress report made on the development and use of the updated Equity Index which can then be inserted in the updated Equity Strategy.
- Submission of presentation and abstract on the updated Equity Index.
- Provide technical input to publication in education journal article on the development and use of the Equity Strategy and Index.
Minimum Required Qualification:
- Education qualifications and clear fields of studies required to carry out tasks in this assignment)
- PhD in Economics, Statistics, Education Administration or a related field;
- Number of years of experience in specific field(s) of work
- At least 10 years in experience in a research capacity, including a minimum of 5 years in a leading role within a research center.
- Familiarity and experience working with UN agencies
- In-depth knowledge of Nepali government and educational systems and processes and strong networks within development partner and government agencies.
Special skills: List any special skills and /or knowledge required
Proven coordination and collaborative skills and experience with the ability to manage technical processes with neutrality and sensitivity. Proficiency in Nepali and English and strong communication and data presentation skills. Familiarity with indexes such as the Human Opportunity Index, Child Deprivation Index, and other indexes based on the capability approach. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Desire to work with a global team across geographic, cultural and language differences.