Amnesty, City of London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE ROLE
Amnesty International is looking for a part time Receptionist from Sept 2020 until March 2021 to cover maternity leave.
If you have proven experience of working on a busy Reception, we would like to hear from you.
Working as part of a small Reception & Front of House team, you will be responsible for answering calls, responding to emails, arranging couriers, sorting post and other administration duties to assist with the smooth and safe running of the office.
The Front of House team are responsible for the safety and security of the building ensuring no authorised access. The position will be responsible for managing access and play an active and integral part in ensuring our security procedures are followed at all times.
- Provide front of house reception duties including all switchboard operation and ensuring calls are directed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provide first point of contact, excellent customer service and a professional welcome for visitors and callers ensuring that queries are routed to the appropriate destinations and that security protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure that all communications received by front of house are processed appropriately.
- Deal with all incoming and outgoing post, parcels and deliveries. Sort and distribute post to relevant teams. Monitor and top up franking machine to ensure sufficient supplies.
- Work closely with the Security Guards to ensure high security levels are always maintained.
- Manage the Workplace helpdesk, Clarity, ensuring calls logged on the Clarity helpdesk ensuring staff issues s are responded to and allocated to the appropriate team member and completed in line with agreed team SLAs.
- Conduct staff and volunteer building inductions when needed.
- Assist with the management the Leavers & Starters via Clarity including issuing access passes for all London office staff, volunteers and visitors. Manage the access control system, ensuring the database remains up to date. Work with the service provider to ensure the access control system is maintained and in good working order. This post will be responsible for retrieving leavers access passes and locker keys.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors with regards to front of house equipment. Reporting faults and working with the contractor to ensure minimum downtime of essential equipment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working as a Reception for a high-profile company
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working within a customer service environment,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly organised
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels face to face and have great written communication skills,
- Good working knowledge of security procedures for Front of House working for a high-profile organisation
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential.
- You will be a competent user of Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365 applications.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to apply, the principals of Amnesty International’s Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team