PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide Strategic leadership to the Audit Team in the National Office (NO) portfolio assigned within the Region, in the provision of independent objective assurance and consulting activity of the portfolio’s operations. This advisory role includes but is not limited to providing advice on risk management, internal controls systems and their impact on the operations of the organization.
Supervise a team of professional auditors in the NO portfolio assigned and provide reasonable assurance to regional and national senior management that controls are adequate to mitigate high and medium risk to the Partnership.
Provide audit quality assurance by reviewing the audit work of the audit team in his/her portfolio, including issue of audit reports to the respective NO portfolio Senior Leadership and to the Audit committees (as applicable).
Leadership of Audit Engagements:
- Provide technical guidance and direction in the Annual Audit Planning Process using risk analysis techniques and tools, and develop annual audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Audit Director (RAD), NO portfolio Leadership and with the Board Audit Committees (BACs) within the portfolio (as applicable).
- Provide leadership and supervise the performance of audit engagements’ planning, field work, and audit reporting; ensuring that the audit process is aligned and supports strategy delivery in the assigned NO portfolio within the region.
- Foster effective engagement with the BACs in the NO portfolio (as applicable) on the performance of the Audit Team in the assigned NO portfolio.
- This is to be done through quarterly participation at BACs (Intermediate, Advisory Council meetings, as applicable) for the NO portfolio assigned.
Perform quality reviews of risk-based integrated audit (RBIA) assignments and provide guidance to the Senior Internal Auditor (SIA) regarding:
- Quality audit standards to be observed and maintained by all auditors in the course of their work.
- Provide on-the-job technical support during field work with the team members and on site review as necessary.
- Maintain an audit presence and history of audits per project/grant as needed based on available resources and use of GRC.
- Lead the audit team in following up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
People Management and Professional Development:
- Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations.
- Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units per year.
- Participate as an advisor of the NO Integrity and Protection Hotline (IPH) and Enterprise Risk Management committees in assigned country portfolio.
- Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GIA) initiatives deemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA CISA/ACFE) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process.
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered.
- Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Must have prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than six years in a recognized organization, two of which should be at a senior supervisory level. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Cross cultural and multi faith experience.
- Exposure to various accounting systems.
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance. A post-graduate degree in Management is a requirement.
- Be a qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status. Professional memberships in CIA/CISA/CFE are an added advantage.
- Good command of the English Language, written and communication skills in particular. Knowledge of Chinese would be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge in Audit software packages.
- Must be honest and hardworking, with proven experience in dealing with management at a senior level and be disciplined leader. Experience in a multicultural setting is highly desirable.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- A working knowledge of WVI business and systems, including computerized accounting systems such as Sun System.
- Good understanding of non-profit industry.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- This role involves working in a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team