Evidence Action is a non-profit dedicated to scaling proven, cost-effective interventions to alleviate poverty. In India, its technical consultant Pramanit Karya India Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day program and Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) Supplementation program to improve health, education, and long-term development of children and adolescents in the country.
The India program invites applications for the positions (8) of Regional Coordinator (RC) - IFA, Jharkhand to be based at Palamu, Gumla, West Singbhum, Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Dhanbad, Deoghar, Pakur to support the IFA technical assistance in allocated districts.
As part of the technical assistance (TA) portfolio to Government of Jharkhand, the RC will support the State Program Manager (SPM) and state team in all aspects of the TA for IFA Supplementation program in districts as allocated. The RC will work closely with the government departments – Health, Education, Women and Child Development and others to strengthen the inter departmental coordination for improved program delivery. The specific areas of TA will include training and capacity building, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, IEC, community mobilization along with drugs logistics and supply chain management at district, block and village level (schools and anganwadis). The RC under the guidance of the state team will share updates, collect data and discuss progress from assigned districts at prescribed frequency. S/he must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues across the program and organization. The position requires extensive travel as approximately 70% of the time will be in the field in the allocated districts.
The Regional Coordinator will report to the State Program Manager (SPM), Jharkhand. S/he will be required to work in close coordination with other members of the state team for the functions as highlighted in the role summary or any additional mandate as decided by the organization.
Scope of Work:
- Will be the contact person for allocated district officials and is required to maintain good working relationships with senior officials of the district and divisional administration and of associated departments (Health, Education, WCD and others). Her/his interaction with these officials will be guided and have approvals from the state team;
- Will represent the organization in District Coordination Committee meetings for IFA program component under Anemia Mukt Bharat and other meetings of WCD, Health and Education pertaining to IFA Supplementation;
- Will ensure that in the coordination committee meetings are convened IFA Supplementation program is an agenda item, discussions and decisions for IFA Supplementation program are taken, the minutes of the meeting completed and circulated among concerned stakeholders;
- Will work closely with the health department at district/ divisional/ regional level for the inclusion of IFA Supplementation program notes, budgets and IEC strategy in the annual Program Implementation Plan (PIP) under National Health Mission;
- Will interact and liaison with district officials and district representatives of development partners and any other as guided by the state team and tracking and document their work in the region;
- Program Management
- Will coordinate with concerned departments for the demand estimation of drugs at district, block village level (school and anganwadi) and support the district administration for timely submission of requisition to state or for local procurement;
- Will support the stakeholder departments in adhering the district level supply chain framework as approved at the state level and will coordinate for tracking of supplies (drugs, IEC, training material) as per the stipulated timelines;
- Will support the stakeholder departments in roll out of district level training cascade of IFA Supplementation program in accordance with the approved plan at state level and coordinate for full participation of identified functionaries through departmental follow ups;
- Will identify training opportunities of different programs to orient, train, and sensitize officials and staff of concerned departments on IFA Supplementation and its benefits;
- Will work with districts to identify, plan, and execute different IEC and community mobilization activities as per approved plan and budgets under the overall guidance provided by the state team;
- Will coordinate and follow up with districts and concerned departments to ensure reporting data is submitted as per agreed cascade and timelines;
- Will coordinate with the members of the Tele-calling unit at the state office on different program functions as assigned;
- Will share daily status report with the state team for all progress in their assigned area including feedback and lessons on providing TA.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Will monitor trainings on IFA Supplementation program at district and block/cluster level using standard tools approved by the state team, and share the observation and reports for gap filling and improvement;
- Will undertake monitoring visits to schools and AWCs, support and facilitate implementation of surveys at various time frames, collect qualitative insights on program performance and effectiveness of the technical assistance from the field and share with the state team on a regular basis as per set protocols;
- Will undertake monitoring visits to blocks (CHC/PHC) to collect data on various program aspects including logistics and supply chain, drug stockouts (if any), coverage reporting, training and will interact with officials there to understand program challenges;
- Will collect qualitative and quantitative data in approved templates for all components of IFA Supplementation program at district, block and village (school and anganwadi) level.
Education: Post Graduate Degree in Social Work/Sociology/Rural Development/ Rural Management from reputed institute.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the development sector preferably in the field of Education or Health- child health, school health, adolescent program, with government or NGOs
- Candidates with experience of working in Jharkhand will be preferred
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentation) and Internet
- Effective communication (written and verbal), documentation and reporting skills in English and Hindi
- Demonstrated skills in work planning, project management and coordination
- Experience in usage of softwares/application for monitoring, reporting and data collection e.g. SurveyCTO, CommCare, ODK is preferable
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality and results, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and consistent, persuasive and resilient