The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Regional Data Coordinator based at Cairo Regional Bureau in Egypt.
The Regional Data Coordinator will be responsible for leading on the strategy and implementation of data consolidation and visualization projects at Cairo Regional Bureau (RBC) and country offices in the region.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Field Data Coordinator the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Work closely with data owners, and stakeholder to identify data gaps and data visualization needs for country operations in the region, by carrying out Data Mapping Missions to identify local demand.
- Liaise between field users and HQ Technology Division on new ways for users to consume and experience the WFP’s datasets in the field.
- Identify new high-value datasets in country offices (such as data relevant at local levels) for inclusion in the data initiative and associated tools.
- Promote and facilitate the use of corporate data systems and business intelligence tools at the field level.
- Educate and inform internal and external audiences about the various tools and resources related to data in WFP.
- Organize relevant meetings; provide recommendations for improvements; establish, manage and report on key performance indicators of the corporate data solutions, including web metrics, etc.
- Coordinate the rollout and adoption of Tableau as a corporate business intelligence and data visualization solution in the region.
- Facilitate a regional training program for Tableau and data visualization based on country-office demand.
- Champion and facilitate the adoption of corporate platforms and processes around data integration to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making within the organization.
- Use project management skills to ensure that relevant teams and individuals are consulted and involved in decision making at key points and that all decisions made are clearly documented and communicated.
- Report progress and issues to Regional Bureau relevant heads of units, Regional Directors and Deputy Regional Directors and the Technology Division senior management team.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Business Administrations, Data Management, Statistics, Marketing, Communications, Information Management other relevant discipline.
- Experience: 3 years or more of relevant progressive work experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization or project management.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven experience working in a busy analytical environment and handling complex analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive report writing skills;
- Experience working with teams and team processes;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments;
- The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills;
Language: Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.