COOPI is looking for a Regional Coordinator for Central Africa based in Yaoundé
The Regional Coordinator (CR) represents COOPI and supports the intervention of the Organization in the geographic area of competence, ensuring that the mission and vision of COOPI are respected in national strategies and in implementation programs and projects.
Also responsible for all of the Organization's activities in the countries of the region and for promoting relations with the various national and international actors, the RC carries out periodic monitoring missions to Country and Program Coordinations.
REPORT TO: Management at the Milan headquarters
We encourage international staff present in the country to apply.
- participates in the Headquarters Strategic Committee;
- defines and proposes to the Management the regional strategy, the strategy of the Countries concerned and the corresponding action priorities;
- collaborates with the Country Coordinators in identifying project activities with the various donors;
- guarantees, in the Countries of competence, the application and control of the Organization's procedures and internal regulations, respect for ethical principles, tools to fight against corruption and prevention of abuses, the correct implementation of projects , in particular with regard to stakeholders and beneficiaries, and compliance with the procedures established by donors;
- responsibility for coordination management, coordination and country economic results and human resources management.
- develops and encourages relations with the various local and international actors present in the geographic area (donors, institutions, authorities, international and national NGOs, local partners) in order to ensure the best possible management of current activities and identification possible new programs / interventions in accordance with strategies defined with countries and headquarters;
- coordinates with Management the development of relationships with stakeholders in Italy and Europe .
Program Strategy and Planning
- defines and proposes to the Organization the elaboration and the update of the zone and Country strategies and it ensures with the Country Coordinators the elaboration and the periodic update of the respective documents of the strategic planning and plans operational;
- guarantees systematic monitoring of the operational plan of the Coordination and of the Competent Countries.
Monitoring and management of projects / programs
- supervises all the phases necessary for the presentation of new projects , by referring to the support offices of the headquarters;
- ensures the sending of all the official documentation of the projects (contracts, official correspondence, narrative and financial reports, agreements with partners, etc.) and all the monitoring documentation requested by the head office.
Administrative and financial management
- responsible, with the support of the competent offices, for analyzes of the forecast and final budget and of the financial and economic operations of the Countries of his competence (preparation of the annual budget and revisions).
Human Resources Management
- in coordination with the Human Resources office and the Country Coordinators abroad, ensures the selection and recruitment of expatriate staff for which he / she establishes contractual amount (TDR, the mission plan at headquarters and in the country the contractual amount , security and any benefits) and participates in interviews;
- controls the correct flow of expatriate human resources management documents and between headquarters and the competent countries: he / she activates and concludes the negotiation process, supervises the process of preparation, signature and sending of the contract;
- in coordination with the dedicated support offices, participate in defining the training plan for the selected staff and the performative evaluation process;
- oversees the management of local and expatriate staff carried out by the country coordination, including the correct application of security procedures.
- supervises the security situation in the countries concerned in contact with the country coordinators and takes the necessary decisions in crisis situations in coordination with the competent offices at headquarters;
- maintains contact with the UN agencies responsible for security in the countries of competence.
- collaborates, with the Communication office, to promote and coordinate the visibility and communication activities of the organization in the geographic area of its competence.
- Procedures and internal relations (Headquarters - Country)
in coordination with the relevant headquarters offices, ensures the drafting and updating of country regulations and safety procedures in accordance with COOPI internal procedures;
monitors compliance with donor procedures and contractual constraints as well as COOPI management procedures.
University or post - university training in Development Economics, Management, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or other relevant profiles, or mix of training and equivalent experience;
10 years experience in project management in precarious or post-conflict security contexts;
Excellent knowledge of the Project Cycle;
Mastery of the procedures of the main Donors (European Commission, USAID, UNDP, ECHO etc.);
Excellent knowledge of French and English language ;
Excellent knowledge of the MS Office package.
- Great organizational skills, capacity for independent decision-making, responsibility;
- Very good attitude to problem-solving and versatility;
- Strong leadership and diplomacy;
- Ability to manage stress;
- HR management capacity;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with very different personalities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.