Regional Desk / Coordinator
COOPI, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
We encourage international staff present in the country to apply.
- participates in the Headquarters Strategic Committee;
- defines and proposes to the Management the regional strategy, the strategy of the countries concerned and the corresponding action priorities;
- collaborate with the Country Coordinators in identifying project activities with the various donors;
- guarantees, in the Countries of competence, the application and control of the Organization's procedures and internal regulations, respect for ethical principles, anti-corruption tools and prevention of abuse, the correct implementation of projects , in particular with regard to actors and beneficiaries, and respect for the procedures established by donors;
- Responsibility for the management of coordination, economic results of coordination and Countries and management of human resources.
- develops and encourages relations with the various local and international actors present in the geographical area (donors, institutions, authorities, international and national NGOs, local partners) in order to ensure the best possible management of current activities and the identification possible new programs / interventions in accordance with strategies defined with countries and headquarters;
- coordinates with the Directorate the development of relations with actors in Italy and in Europe .
Program Strategy and Planning
- defines and proposes to the Organization the development and updating of zone and country strategies and ensures with the Country Coordinators the development and periodic update of the respective documents of strategic planning and plans operational;
- guarantees systematic monitoring of the operational plan of the Coordination and Countries of competence.
Monitoring and management of projects / programs
- supervises all the phases necessary for the presentation of new projects , referring to the support offices at headquarters;
- ensures that all official project documentation (contracts, official correspondence, narrative and financial reports, agreements with partners, etc.) and all monitoring documentation requested by headquarters are sent.
Administrative and financial management
- Responsible, with the support of the competent offices, for analyzes of the provisional and final budget and of the financial and economic operations of the Countries of its competence (preparation of the annual budget and revisions).
Human Resources Management
- in coordination with the Human Resources office and Country Coordinators abroad, ensures the selection and recruitment of expatriate staff for which he / she establishes the contractual amount (TOR, the mission plan at headquarters and in the country the contractual amount , security and any benefits) and participate in interviews;
- controls the correct flow of expatriate human resources management documents and between the head office and the competent countries: he / she activates and concludes the negotiation process, supervises the process of preparing, signing and sending the contract;
- in coordination with the dedicated support offices, participate in the definition of the training plan for the selected personnel and the performative evaluation process;
- supervises the management of local and expatriate staff carried out by the country coordination, including the correct application of security procedures.
- supervises the security situation in the countries concerned in contact with the country coordinators and takes the necessary decisions in crisis situations in coordination with the competent offices at headquarters;
- ensures contact with UN agencies dealing with security in countries of jurisdiction.
- collaborates, with the Communication office, to promote and coordinate the visibility and communication activities of the organization in the geographical area of its competence.
- Internal procedures and relations (Headquarters - Country)
- in coordination with the competent headquarters offices, ensures the drafting and updating of country regulations and security procedures in accordance with COOPI's internal procedures;
- monitors compliance with donor procedures and contractual constraints as well as COOPI's management procedures.
- University or post - university training in Development Economics, Management, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or other relevant profiles, or mix of training and equivalent experience;
- 10 years of experience in project management in precarious or post-conflict security contexts;
- Excellent knowledge of the Project Cycle;
- Mastery of the procedures of the main donors (European Commission, USAID, UNDP, ECHO etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of French and English ;
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office package.
- Great sense of organization, capacity for autonomous decision-making, responsibility;
- Very good attitude to problem-solving and versatility;
- Strong leadership and diplomacy;
- Ability to manage stress;
- HR management capacity;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with very different personalities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.