The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
As one of the main humanitarian actors, WFP has the obligation to leverage technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming our work. Technology and connectivity are critical for rapidly reaching the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis, but as our technology ecosystem grows, so must the services required to deliver, govern and support that ecosystem.
The WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo provides strategic and technical guidance to WFP operations in 17 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen.
The main purpose of this position is to partner with WFP business units across the region to understand their operational environments and corresponding technology needs and seek opportunities to identify pain points, align solutions with corporate governance and support delivery to achieve a digital workplace that improves WFP’s operational impact and efficiency while focusing on business satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Support the development and implementation of modern integrated IT solutions supporting WFP business needs.
- Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
- Review how IT service levels align with Service Level Agreements for solutions or services focused on the business and alert management of discrepancies.
- Support the adoption of a Human Centered Design approach by identifying user personas, maintaining a network of field users who can provide feedback on MVP’s, liaison between solution Project Managers and Product Owners in HQ and RB and users, and survey for user satisfaction and pain points in relation to established IT solutions and services.
- Support project managers with business analysis, managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Engagement Management, Business Analysis, IT Project Management and Agile Project Ownership functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to facilitate IT systems development and maintenance in coordination with key business and IT stakeholders.
- Contribute to the analysis, maintenance and upgrade of IT systems and troubleshoot, fix problems and make recommendations for system improvements.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Other accountabilities as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Project Management Professional certification PMP is desired.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the information technology field, 3 of which with a focus on Systems Analysis or Software development.
Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Self-motivated and result-oriented with excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions, ability to conduct cost-benefit analyses to support project management.
- Experience in modern platform/software architecture and micro services architecture.
- Experience with agile software methodologies,
- Experience in analyzing and solving complex business problems with Technology solutions.
- Ability to use data to develop insights and recommendations. Experience with Tableau or Power BI is a plus