PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide strategic leadership to World Vision Asia Pacific in the area of People & Culture (HR), and Organizational Development by maximizing the potential of World Vision’s (WV) human resources and optimizing organizational performance, sustaining the culture and ensuring alignment to fulfill WV’s strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, Support Services, and matrix reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Regional People & Culture (P&C) Director will provide leadership in developing leadership capacity, furthering executive development of National Directors (NDs) and senior staff. The Regional P&C Director also will build strong relationship with Global Center client groups and engage with external network to collaborate and further build WV’s brand. Matrix manages National Office (NO) People & Culture Directors and leads a team of Regional Office People & Culture staff.
Leadership & Strategy :
- Lead Asia Pacific Region’s P&C function in developing a vibrant and empowering culture that supports and enables the execution of World Vision’s strategy and achieve the child well-being aspirations and outcomes.
- Champion effectiveness & efficiency of Asia Pacific Region’s P&C function through continuous development of high-quality services and processes to support leadership development and talent agenda.
- Guide the Leadership Team in the Asia Pacific Regional Office, National Directors and National P&C Directors on all facets of P&C whilst promoting organizational culture, agility and effectiveness, alongside Mindset & Behaviors and Core Competencies.
- Lead and promote compliance to applicable (local) employment regulations, immigration and labor laws as well as WV policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate vibrant and mature Christian spiritual leadership through all People and Culture (P&C) related processes, practices and tools integrate, where applicable, and be guided by relevant competencies regarding WV’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
Technical & Operational Support:
- Provide direction and guidance in all areas of P&C such as Recruitment, Workforce Planning, Change & Organizational Development, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, Staff Care, Performance Management, Talent Development & Management, Retention, Succession Planning, among others.
- Provide objective input and contribution in the development of effective Global, Regional & National P&C Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Work with Regional and National Offices’ stakeholders to ensure HR system (Our People) is optimized and P&C processes, policies and protocols are comprehended, followed and upheld in each offices to meet/advance P&C standards.
- Work with Regional and National Offices’ P&C network to identify, develop and nurture a robust talent bench of future leaders for succession planning.
- Lead the assessment, development and implementation of an integrated regional capacity building plan based on P&C priorities and strategy.
- Provide leadership to Asia Pacific Region’s capacity building (leaning & development) projects and initiatives in alignment with the global & regional capacity building framework and strategy.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, ensure gap analysis from Talent Management point of view and provide direction to improve the quality of talent pipeline.
- Inspire continuous learning and improvement in P&C practices, systems and tools that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness the organization.
- Lead and encourage mutual learning among National Offices through formal and informal setting such as sharing of best practices and lesson learnt, community of practice and center of excellence.
- Promote the use of external and internal platform (Our People & WV Central) and other off-the-shelf learning materials to develop and contextualize learning materials and contents.
Quality Assurance/Risk Management:
- Provide direction to Asia Pacific Region to ensure P&C compliance with WVI Partnership standards, policies and procedures. Advises the Regional & National Offices in addressing gaps/issues related to HR practices.
- Active role in providing direction to Regional and National Offices in preventing and mitigating risk related to employment / labor laws.
- Ensure effective implementation of Integrated Incident Management (IIM) and Employee Relations systems, ensures capacity at Regional and National Offices to manage incidents and follow through action plans & management decision.
- Act as strategic P&C link for Asia Pacific Region to internal stakeholders – other Regional Offices, National Offices, Support Offices and Global Center.
- Develop and expand external networks and linkages with other International Non-governmental Organizations, Partners, P&C consulting groups, among others for collaboration, benchmarking and employer branding.
- Represent the Asia Pacific Regional Office on internal and external forums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development.
- A relevant Masters Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Studies or an MBA.
- A high level capacity and demonstrated skill in setting vision, developing strategy on a broad scale in Huma Resources.
- Strategic ability to influence direction of the organisation and the ability to implement this on a practical level.
- Broad experience in implementing world-class services in international/global organizations and ideally, in a network setting to diverse, dispersed and dynamic teams.
- A deep understanding of how to make change happen, and of organizational development and culture change.
- Demonstrable strategic, clear thinker and creative leadership, management and coordination skills in a global network setting.
- Intellectual curiosity, courage and independence. Decisive, with the courage to make tough calls.
Human Resources Skills and Experience:
- A strong track record of strategic human resource management and substantial experience of leading international/regional Human Resources teams and transformational change in business and HR.
- Excellent assessor of talent and matching top performers to the jobs where they can add the most value.
- Experience in leading and managing complex projects, including learning and organizational development, culture change, recruitment and talent management and employee relations.
Organization and Managerial Capability:
- Strong resource, financial, planning, project and process management skills, gained in a complex environment.
- Huge capability for complex problem solving and good sense of diagnosing performance issues of the organisation.
- Acuity and sensitivity to work in sync with the senior executives.
- Experience of cross-functional management including international/regional operations, support functions, engagement across a range of audience and disciplines.
- A proven ability to build, motivate, facilitate and engage a team, and play a key part in the wider management of an organization, towards delivery of key goals.
- The capacity to cohere passionate, experienced and independent individuals into a high performing and confident group, organization or movement.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation, influencing and conflict mediation skills and the ability to apply these across a range of diverse audiences.
- Ability to represent organisation at the senior most levels and externally.
- Travel up to 30% per month when required (regional and international).
- This role involves the coordination with geographically dispersed P&C teams located in national offices.