Regional Director, Communications
Bridge International Academies Careers, Yaba, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
About the Role
As the Regional Director, Communications for the Nigeria group you will be assisting in the formulation and management of organisational reputation management strategy that safeguards organization’s integrity and image; you will assist with the formulation of organisational internal & external communication and engagement strategies; develop and sustain relationships with key advocates for the business and to leverage influence for the benefit of the organization. While supporting the organization’s chief spokesperson, you will also represent the organization and its partnerships. You will be responsible for developing platforms for critical stakeholder engagement /corporate communication & information dissemination. You will be at the forefront of expectation management whilst eliciting public support for the organization. You will develop corporate content and manage information for relevance and resonance.
The role is based in our Lagos office, supporting all territories and partnerships within Nigeria.
What You Will Do
- Utilize cross functional approach to align corporate and marketing messaging, and engagement
- Influence organization’s brand positioning and engagement through cross functional coordination and cooperation
- Allocate importance to organization’s business wide content from time to time and derive maximum exposure from finite internal & external media space/platforms
- Lead advocacy relationships from multilateral organisations to Nigerian corporations.
- Manage and develop communications strategies for multiple government programmes.
- Be the go–to person for the media and develop strong relationships with key Technology, Education, Development and Business media
- Lead production of media and relevant content
- Assist with strategic direction, and oversight for internal & external communications planning, media management, media advocacy, specific issue & crisis management
- Develop strong cross functional relationships and influence in all external facing Departments/Groups to ensure consistency of communication and information
- Co-own internal /external communication & engagement with critical stakeholders across the organization
- Proactively identify critical opportunities to direct/own organization’s narrative thereby averting Communication crises and building goodwill for the organization
- Suggest alteration of strategy & tactical actions when relevant
- Maximize efficiency of Corporate Communications budgets and media influence
- Provide local context and input to shared services team’s development of the overall organization’s Corporate Communication strategy
What You Should Have
- Masters' degree with superior academic performance
- Experience in Nigeria of working at a senior level for political, campaigning, non-profit, or social enterprise. Experience with a multinational organization is a plus.
- Experience working within a matrixed global organization.
- Experience of working with or for government in a communications capacity.
- Experience developing communication for a campaign or movement, rather than a product
- Experience developing and delivering comprehensive media strategies and complex media campaigns across a range of platforms for a range of audiences
- High profile crisis communications experience
- Experience successfully developing and managing effective working relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders including senior journalists and broadcasters and editors
- Highly developed and proven creative skills to lead a significant communications team with flair, innovation and new ideas;
- Able to present in person, as a organization spokesperson, to large audiences in a highly engaging way;
- Highly developed verbal, written, and oral skills to promote and represent the organization;
- Experience of offering media advice and guidance to colleagues at a senior level;
- Experience building relationships and managing external partnerships from a communications
- Knowledge of local, state and federal government issues related to the provision of primary education
- Broad grasp of Nigerian media and political context and full understanding of all media disciplines and external media environment and experience in crisis communications
- Excellent project management and organisational skills in a communications context;
- Experience of successfully managing budgets
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, disruptor, metric driven consulting or educational organization is a bonus
- An extremely proactive and determined attitude.