Regional Engagement Manager, South Asia Pacific
World Vision International(WVI), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Business Relationship Manager is responsible for working with business stakeholders within one or more local, regional, or support organizations to align technology solutions with business strategies by demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of IT and the organization(s) to identify and communicate how IT solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-term business goals.
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with local/regional/support organization key stakeholders and the IT organization.
- May provide input to an advisory board for the prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization(s) needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
- Ensures the resolution of IT issues.
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solution.
- Works with organization stakeholders and technical resources to create and implement an appropriate solution required to meet organization(s) business goals.
- Represents the business requirements and priorities to IT and represents the IT vision and requirements to the organization to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to assigned area(s) of the organizatio(s).
- Acts as an advocate for business requirements and required results.
- Ensures other IT departments are aware of key business issues.
- Identifies and resolves potential problems and conflicts.
- Provides consultation to business and IT teams.
- Participates in quality reviews and provides feedback.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on products, business processes, and system priorities.
- Ensures IT solutions support the organizations short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and aligns with World Visions Global IT strategy.
- Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of organization(s) goals.
- Performs assessments and provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Maintains awareness of changes to organization(s) strategy, goals and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the needs of the organization(s). Facilitates changes when necessary.
- Recommends options, identifies risks and analyzes cost vs. benefits.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business stakeholders and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with clients to improve business processes.
- Communicates with organizations stakeholders, project managers, and other stakeholders to ensure awareness of progress, risks, and results.
- Analyzes feasibility studies and makes recommendations to stakeholders.
- Manages the business case development process.
- Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components.
- Reviews and evaluates business cases to confirm identified financials and risks, validate value and business alignment, and recommending a course of action.
- Presents business cases to the client.
- Identifies opportunities to increase business efficiency and effectiveness by reviewing current business processes and facilitating development of plans for improvement, when appropriate.
- Identifies risks, outside of current project scope, that will impact the organization(s) such as business process or IT security.
- Helps in the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Ensures client satisfaction is achieved.
- Manages development and implementation of a plan(s) to improve client satisfaction.
- Manages client expectations.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status.
- Recaps quarterly IT performance.
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLAs):
- Negotiates Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) with clients in accordance with IT standards and specifications as required.
- Reviews and analyze SLA reports.
- Communicates SLA results and issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops, motivates, and directs IT team members and fosters a team environment.
- Recommends training programs targeting specific areas of improvement.
- Mentors members of the IT team and provides input to performance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Required
- Bachelors degree in related field specialized training, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires leadership, negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of business requirements analysis and IT processes.
- Typically requires 7-10 years of IT experience, 4 years of experience in the areas of IT management, project management, process engineering or solutions management.
- Requires experience in successfully implementing medium sized projects or IT lead roles.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary