REGIONAL FINANCE & ADMIN MANAGER- SOUTHERN REGION
World Vision International(WVI), Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Key job Responsibilities
- Budgeting/Management/Commitments/Reporting: Manage the funding requirements of all the Southern Regional Programs (both grants and ADPs) through cash flow planning, following up on funding commitments and ensuring Program budgets has required funding as agreed with Support offices.
- Financial accountability and reporting: Submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting for both grants and ADP programs.
- Audit/Compliance/Capacity Building: Address both external and internal audits in partnership with national/program offices, providing required information to auditors and participating in the defense of disallowed costs for grants and ensuring all ADP audits receive an acceptable rating.
- Policy/Procedure Development: Assist in the development of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance to generally accepted Accounting Principles, WVI finance policies, and government and other donor regulations specifically for grants.
- Leadership/management of Finance & Support Services Team in Southern Region: Provide leadership to the finance and support services departments and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services. Also Ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving Finance and support services departments.
- Supply Chain Management: Coordinate and ensure an optimal interface between the supply chain and Programs in the Southern Region for efficient customer service delivery by ensuring. Procurement policies and procedures in place as per WVI policies and followed through
- IT infrastructure and provide quality service: Ensure improved office/programs connectivity through the MIS officers in the Southern Region and in collaboration with the NO IT Manager.
- Administration: Coordinate all administration related functions such as fleet management, office maintenance as per administration guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field like Finance; Professional qualification like ACCA, preferred; Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least five years accounting experience specifically with NGO's; with good management and supervisory skills; with technical expertise on accounting systems development, internal controls, interpersonal skills and staff development;
- Extensive knowledge in grant reporting requirements
- Very good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and government / donor regulations and reporting requirements;
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications i.e. databases/Sunsystem 6, spreadsheets and word processing software;
- Excellent English language communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment; detail oriented, analytical, and able to work independently with minimum supervision