PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Regional Finance Director provide strategic leadership to Asia Pacific (East Asia and South Asia Pacific) in all areas of the Finance function by providing advisory support, quality assurance, capacity building and risk mitigation ensuring proper accountability to all stakeholders.
Provide strategic leadership and quality service / support to all National Offices in Asia Pacific Region to deliver accurate, compliant and efficient financial services & information within partnership standards, to provide information that can support effective decision making and efficient resource allocation & utilization to maximize ministry effectiveness contributing to OP2030.
This role is also responsible for implementing all GC mandated financial initiatives.
- Advise and support Regional Leaders, SDOs, Strategic Support and Senior Director, Global Field Finance in their leadership and engagement on matters related to finance in Asia Pacific (AP) Region.
- Advise and support NO Finance Directors in all areas of NO Finance, creating an environment to improve performance.
- Provide ongoing analysis and input on the regional performance, compliance and risk in the area of finance to Asia Pacific Leadership Teams.
- Lead setting up of regional performance standards including administrative and Yield To Ministry (YTM) cost ratio benchmarks and financial accountability systems and processes in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and advice in preparing for and responding to challenges of local financial systems, economic crisis, sanctions and other crisis situations impacting finance.
- Advise and support the National Directors in establishing all aspects of effective financial management systems and practices and addressing issues relating to performance, compliance and risk relating to finance.
- Lead and coach Regional Finance Mangers to deliver high quality finance service to all NOs and types of programs, including Grants.
- Along with the Regional Director of Supply Chain Management and the NO Leadership, establish a plan for each country on how to incrementally increase the percentage of spend through ProVision, based on their current context and maturity.
- As functional manager, jointly work with NDs in the recruitment of NO Finance Directors and is responsible for all Regional Finance staff appointments.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for the staff team, peers and others and is able to give Spiritual Leadership.
- Develop strategic business plan in support of and in alignment with overall AP regional plans and Global Finance strategies and priorities aligned with OP2030.
- Contribute and monitor the development of regional plans ensuring that financial priorities are implemented and implications monitored in a timely manner.
- Contribute to formulation of global finance strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that regional priorities are integrated and prioritized.
- Provide advice on financial aspects of growth targets, resource allocation and portfolio management led by the Regional Strategy Director.
- Support the National Offices in developing finance strategies, priorities and plans in alignment with the regional and global strategies and priorities
- Contribute to organization wide regional strategy communication and change management plan.
Technical & Operational Support:
- Work closely with Regional Finance Managers and National Offices and provide critical guidance, monitoring and input in all areas of finance including:
- National Offices program spending, overspending, carry forward process and utilization.
- Grant Financial Management in NOs including HEA & Relief response.
- Monitor administrative cost of NOs and efficiency against the standards across the region and advice on management response as necessary and appropriate.
- Monitor National Offices cash position, budget and funding balances and approve NOs monthly funding requests to Global Treasury (GT).
- NOs currency fluctuation.
- Coordinate with Global Treasury to hedge NO currency risks and advise NOs on investments, risk including in-country Severance Fund investment and return.
- Contribute to development of global policies, guidelines and standards relating to Finance and provide leadership in contextualizing and mainstreaming these within the region.
- Support National Office in tightening financial systems, policies, procedures and internal controls to reduce risks.
- Support National Office in ensuring that controls are in place to achieve at least “acceptable risk” audits or better, particularly where risk/benefit analysis suggests a better score is sensible.
- Facilitate the implementation of global and regional finance initiatives including but not limited to SunSystems, cost allocation methodology (CAL), standard Chart of accounts, LEAP Finance, Horizon.
- Support regional Vision Fund leadership when needed in MFI/VFI finance controls and risk, but its accountability lies with VFI / NO.
- Adopt Finance models including the possibility of having Shared Service for the RO.
- Supervise DPRK financial budgeting, accounting (especially with regard to risk because of US /UN mandated embargo), reporting and advice DPRK leadership / Steering Committee.
- Provide support to RO Finance Managers to manage RO finance (like another NO) ensuring sound financial management & provide finance support to Asia Pacific regional team.
- Contribute to capacity assessment, development and implementation of an integrated regional capacity building plan informed on finance priorities and strategy.
- Identify the development needs of the Regional Finance Managers, NO finance staff including for emergency deployment during Humanitarian Emergency operation and liaise with the Global Finance Talent, Learning & Development team to enroll staff in relevant training programs.
- Based on global and local standards, advise National Offices on Finance core competencies and capacity requirement at national level. (including advise and support in recruitment and induction of finance leadership and National Directors where requested).
- Coach, advise and mentor NO Finance Directors in identifying their strength, gaps, addressing it and facing challenges.
- In collaboration with the Global Finance Talent, Learning & Development team, share / facilitate access to financial resources and support opportunities for national offices and Regional Office. These may include developing or conducting training, engagement of trainers, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Lead the process of continuous improvement in financial management practices and tools that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of finance.
- Encourage mutual learning between National Offices in Asia Pacific Region as well as between other regions.
- Facilitate formation and coordination of regional finance forum or network that contributes to strategy action and promotes learning.
- Leverage the use of the Finance Community of Practice in wvcentral.
Quality Assurance/ Risk Management:
- Support National Offices in ensuring adherence to guidelines, policies, protocols and standards related to finance.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of National Office financial reports including Grant financial report and other information required by the Global Center /RO leadership and provide advice for management response as necessary and appropriate.
- Review NOs’ new project proposals including and process approval by Partnership Leader GFO/RL/SDO as required by Levels of Authority.
- Review the quality of NOs monthly financial, accounting and reporting, disclosure and accuracy, assets and liabilities and provide advice for management response as necessary and appropriate.
- Support National Offices by following up risk mitigation implementation plan based on GC Internal Audit recommendations.
- Coordinate with NO and GC Audit and on Integrated incident management (IIM) reported issues related to Finance and advise NO / RO leadership on future mitigation.
- Support RL in addressing performance, compliance and risk related to finance of National Offices.
Internal Liaison & Coordination:
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for regional finance connecting National Offices, Support Offices and Global Center for mutual support.
- Develop and maintain network with, Global Centre, SO-IPG, Regional Director of Supply Chain Management, Regional Strategy Director and P&C on financial issues.
- Work closely with Regional Audit Director (RAD) on all financial audit issues and risk rating.
- Participate and actively contribute in the partnership forums, working groups and networks related to finance or other functions as deemed necessary by regional leadership and also be a voice for NOs.
- Work with other members of the Asia Pacific Regional team to promoting sound financial practices contributing to increased efficiency and effectiveness across all ministry and support functions.
- Clearly articulate to all stakeholders including external vendors and WV service providers WV’s CGB policy where required to ensure integrity in our practices
- Liaise with donors and other partners where required on financial matters to support and enhance World Vision’s credibility.
- Lead and support Christian activities that enrich and develop mutual growth in Christ.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by RL/CFO.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters degree in Accountancy. Business Administration (Finance) in
- MA, MS, MBA.
- CPA, CA, CWA, CFA.
- Leadership and Management Skills – Essential.
- Analytical and decision making skills – Essential.
- Computer and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint) - Essential.
- SunSystems – Understanding.
- Strong Analytical, organizational, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Should be collaborative, team player, multitasked and good communication skills.
- Have an excellent understanding of all areas of WV Finance both at NO and at RO level.
- Require significant WV Finance Leadership experience and desirable to have working experience in Asia Pacific Region.
- Having worked in a Regional role and have managed remote teams is a must.
- Proven record of developing people in a cross cultural and in restricted context will be desirable.
- 1 – 3 years corporate finance experience – Desirable.
- 3 - 5 years as Finance Director in WV National Office – Essential.
- 3 years Senior leadership experience in organization – Essential.
- Leading RO and NO Field Finance experience – Essential.
- This position requires ability and willingness to travel up to
- 30 – 40 % travel visiting NOs and WV international meetings.
- Co-coordinating a virtual NO / dispersed regional finance team
- Supporting training, workshop and conferences.
- Consultations and conference calls across partnership time zones.
- Preparing guidelines, contextualizing policies, training materials, presentations.
- Supervising and approving RO transactions, financial reports etc.
- Working under time pressures for monthly financial reporting, annual closing, budgeting, analysis and reporting etc.
- Coaching, clarifying and training finance staff.