We are currently looking for Regional Finance Director Asia to be based in Singapore.
As a key member of the regional leadership team, you will take shared responsibility for the transformation of the region to a new operating model whilst also delivering Save the Children's strategy within the region. You will:
- be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and his / her immediate team on all finance related matters
- contribute to the development of multi-year strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and best-in-class forecasting
- develop the capacity of Country Office finance teams in order that they meet Save the Children International finance and grants management operating standards and comply with Save the Children International standard operating procedures
- ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the region and that financial risk is minimised
- enable appropriate operational and investment decisions to be made on the grounds of sound financial analysis
- support financial readiness, planning and response to humanitarian situations.
- ensure adequate business operating functions in place in the Regional Office
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organisation in Finance
- qualified finance professional with financial management experience at a regional level within a complex global organisation
- experience of developing and building capacity in a regional finance function
- experience of implementing/working within strong control frameworks, where an audit background would be desirable
- demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in highest standards of ethics and integrity
- strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
- experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- highest standards of ethics and integrity
- willingness to undertake significant amounts of travel to the Country Offices for training, support and capacity building purposes
- commitment to Save the Children values.
Contract length: Open ended
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.