Regional Financial Advisor
Fhi 360, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
Responsible for the operation and management of the FHI 360 APRO finance department, which ensures good stewardship of the region’s financial assets while maintaining policies, procedures and internal controls that ensure compliance to audit, generally accepted accounting principles and ethical standards. Supervise Finance Teams’ leads and serves as Acting ES Director as requested.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the operational functions of the regional finance teams (payment, country support and budget) and ensure: adherence to funder and FHI 360 standards; accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting; collaboration with relevant APRO and HQ teams; and, high quality efficient financial operations in the regional and country offices.
- Provide direct financial support to Asia Pacific country offices as needed and requested by the ES Director.
- Support APRO Budget team on proposal budget, modification and work plan as needed.
- Lead the recruitment, training, capacity development and evaluation of all finance personnel in the regional office and participate in recruitment and routine performance review of finance leads in the country/project offices.
- Oversee the structure and work distribution and activities of the APRO finance teams.
- Ensure the response for internal and external financial audits, among COs, APRO and HQ.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports to track revenue expenditures.
- Provide recommendations to the senior management team on financial and compliance issues in the regional and country offices.
- Develop and implement process improvement plans to ensure robust financial controls and sound operational procedures.
- Provide financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations which includes but is not limited to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and CFR200.
- Regularly review and improve efficiency of business processes and procedures.
- Prepare budget guidance to staff. This includes updating policy and procedure manuals on an as needed basis.
- Ensure effective collaboration among finance teams, program management unit teams and technical staff, including participation in routine project quality and progress reviews.
- Assist the ES Director in strategic planning for financial management risk and control for the Asia Pacific regional portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned by ES Director, APRO
- Provide strategic leadership to the finance staff in the regional or country offices.
- Work with multiple country finance departments.
- Engage in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- Provide final decision making on projects and problems that may cross functional
- Develop, in coordination with HQ and the ES Director, policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Work with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
- Manage a highly matrixed portfolio with many internal stakeholders across program, technical and finance functions.
- Provide leadership for assigned countries and proposal budgets.
- Prepare Regional G&A budget or country office budget as required.
- Review and/or prepare cost proposal budgets for new funding opportunities.
- Provide leadership for review of budget modifications from country offices.
- Supervise financial information related to budget development and budget monitoring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and financial systems.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete financial and accounting records.
- Ability to work with and support scientific / technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of fiscal control procedures and practices.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply and make sound, independent judgments within established regulations and procedures.
- Advanced proficiency in computer software in particular MS word, Excel and Access.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Budget development with multi-funding sources and computer spreadsheet experience preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally.