Regional Financial and Administration Manager
Renewable World, Lalitpur, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
- To manage and report of the regional financial performance of the South Asia office and the regional programme and its projects.
- To support the RW UK and South Asia regional team in all financial and administration aspects relating to the region.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Support the C.O.O. (responsible for Finance) and Regional Programme & Business Development Manager to:
Report the regional financial performance of the South Asia office
- Report by account code a monthly P&L and YTD P&L and monthly balance sheet with variance analysis from budget.
- Allocate the restricted expenditure to project funds and transfer to the requisite projects and donors.
- Prepare a quarterly forecast of the financial years regional operational budget and variance analysis.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions following Renewable World financial policy and guidelines.
- Assist in supporting information for the annual statutory audits and compliance audits.
- Payment processing for administrative and projects in accordance with policies and payment authorities.
- Financial management – perform and submit for review monthly operational petty cash and bank reconciliations.
- Update the intra-company funding account with the RWUK office.
- Monitor global funds available for South Asia projects.
- Manage donor financial reporting, including income, debt and deferred income accurately and timely in accordance with each donors requirements.
- Update financial & scope of work on the monthly basis.
Project financial management
- Manage the project financials in co-operation with the UK Financial Controller, Grants Manager, Project Managers and implementing partner financial controllers.
- Project accounting using the Renewable World financial toolkit including the Finance and Scope of Works for partner claims, issue of Purchase Orders, Invoices, update and reconcile actual expenditure and cash movements, in order to arrive at committed project costs and forecasts costs to complete.
- Prepare regional project financial reporting on a monthly basis at project and implementing partner level with project managers and consolidate to regional level for UK team review.
- Prepare and issue Renewable World quarterly recovery purchase orders and invoices and accounting for these regionally.
- Prepare a quarterly forecast of project income, spend and variance analysis at project and partner level against project budget for the remaining duration of the project.
- Prepare a consolidated annual forecast of project income, recoveries and partner expenditure.
- Liaising with the UK team and regional programme managers to ensure all financial reports are submitted accurately and on time to donors with sufficient variance analysis and context to enable transparency.
- Ensure project donor audits are organised and conducted to ensure compliance.
- Strengthen our project financial systems and processes where appropriate.
- Working with external Auditors from a statutory and project/donor perspective and implement recommendations arising.
Project proposal development
- Work with potential donors and proposed implementing partners on the financial aspects of project proposals.
- Prepare a proposed financial commencement budget for project proposals considering the donor requirements.
Administration, operational, statutory requirement and Day to day running of the office and resource management
- Communication and reporting –facilitating project monthly financial review meetings, communicating with local partners and stakeholders.
- Documentation – Monthly update of all the project accounting documents and project paperwork, time sheet.
- Regional payroll management.
- Supporting in procurement (quotation collection & compilation)
- Lodging and managing all aspects of tax compliance and reporting to local authorities.
- Setting up organizational bank account and its operation.
- Registration of new entities.
- Financial reporting to Social Welfare Council (SWC) and other line agencies.
- Prepare financial reporting for CPAC and DPAC meetings.
- Provide necessary support to international volunteers.
- Supervise and manage finance assistant
- Attend regular supervision and take active initiation in personal professional development
- Tasks as appropriate and as agreed with the Chief Operating Officer or Regional Programme & Business Development Manager.
- Preparation and submission of financial matters relating to government line ministries (Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Ministry of Finance) requirement and report
Essential competency and experience requirements
- Part or fully Qualified accountant (e.g. one of: ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA)
- Educated to Masters degree level in relevant discipline
- Strong financial analytical and problem solving skills
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting systems (including QuickBooks) and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of project accounting
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and quick to learn in our fast-paced dynamic environment (arising out of the new projects and relationships)
- Keen attention to accounting detail and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results on time
- Effective communicator (including excellent written and verbal English) as demonstrated on financial and narrative reporting, and verbal skills
- Office management, administration & procurement skills