Danish Refugee Council, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
The overall purpose of the role is to assume overall responsibility for strategic development and capacity of support functions (Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Administration, IT, and Compliance) in the region in line with global initiatives; To promote optimal and accountable use of resources; To ensure guidance, support and capacity building related to the support functions in the region; To explore and create synergies between Country Offices and RO related to Support Functions
Strategy leadership and policy alignment
- Participate to the development and implementation of a regional strategy and results contracts (covering all the support functions) that will ensure that regional and country staff adhere to plans and monitor results against expected outcomes and indicators.
- Take a coordinating role to ensure that the rollout and implementation of Dynamics, tools and policies is successful.
- Contribute actively to lead the development and implementation of Dynamics throughout the region.
- Contribute actively and provide support for annual planning and review processes
- Liaise with relevant units in DRC HQ for coordination, roll-out of global policies and guidelines and HQ support when needed.
- Facilitate interaction and cooperation between R0/CO across support functions, by proactively looking for common and agreed ways of working, agreed standards and approaches.
- Support and ensure regular follow up on regional finance, budget and spending.
- Provide the regional director with monthly/quarterly Regional Financial indicators and reports
- Make sure that all countries update regularly their master budget
- Provide support and troubleshooting to network members experiencing capacity constraints due to turnover and/or transition; could involve periodic deployment.
- Provide technical assistance to Country Office finance teams to improve in country financial operations, and awareness of global accounting and donor requirements.
- Assist and when required guidance to the onboarding process of key Finance positions within the region.
Compliance and risk management
- Engage with country programmes to ensure that the financial management, procurement, logistics, human resources and administration management fulfils the highest standards of accountability in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines.
- Conduct regular controls to ensure that the necessary systems and resources are in place to minimize and investigate fraud and misconduct.
- Focal point for follow up on the recommendations from internal audits, external audits, donor audits and other compliance reports. If necessary, the RHOSS will provide additional guidance, support and/or training to the country offices.
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
- Develop a risk management plan for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy
- Lead and manage the Regional HR Coordinator and the Regional Finance Team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Provide functional management to country-based HOSS
- Participate in recruitment of HOSS in COs and contribute to their performance appraisals
- Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation though frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
- Support the Country/Regional Director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with donors and authorities, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and transport systems
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 7 years' experience in relevant field
- At least 4 years' experience with people management
- Experience in a similar role in an international NGO
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas
- Proven significant financial, information and systems management experience
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Understanding of the countries in which DRC operates and sensitive to the cultural context
- Experience working in an ERP system, including supply chain, finance and HR systems