The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
About the job
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the provision of technical support for organization applications, including installation and upgrades
- Co-ordinate closely with Regional Office all department to ensure proper implementation of equipment/systems
- Act as Regional Office focal point for ME Country Offices and with HQ for IT related issues
- Participate in DRC Dynamics system/project implementation
- Lead the provision of technical solutions and systems to meet local requirements
- Ensure the backup is taken for all DRC MERO Laptops/Computers
- Ensure data and systems protection according to DRC standards and requirements
- Provide efficient support to the IT needs in the region country offices if needed
- Ability to think strategically and develop mechanism to solve IT Problems
- Provides IT support to all MERO staff
- Manage DRC MERO Email accounts, DRC office365 sites (SharePoint), and Office365 sites privileges in consultation with HQ IT
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware;
- Provide specialized knowledge and know-how within IT
- Works independently to deliver the organization’s policies and contribute to quality assurance.
- Follow up on the implementation of the ERP System, and fix occurring IT issues.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 3 years' experience in relevant field
- University degree in IT or related field
- Previous experience in ERP systems is a must, at least 1 year experience
- Experience in basic user support.
- Knowledge of network configuration including but not limited to firewalls, NAT and routers.
- Knowledge of the IP protocol and its concepts.
- Ability to do basic hardware maintenance - like changing internal power supply, intranet/ internet connectivity error fixing etc.
- Fluency in English and Arabic