If you are a senior professional with solid experience in development and implementation of advocacy strategies related to migration and displacement and want to join the independent organization, world-wide leader in the field of Child Rights, this opportunity is for you!!
As Regional Migration and Displacement Policy and Advocacy Advisor, you will have the opportunity to work in the implementation of migration and displacement strategies in Latin-American and the Caribbean Region, with a special focus on the Venezuela migration crisis, working in the contexts of humanitarian responses, development and the nexus between the two.
Reporting directly to the Regional Advocacy Director, you will provide advocacy and policy support to country offices delivering humanitarian responses for migrant and displaced people across the region and may be called upon to deploy as part of a humanitarian response team.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree in related of Social, Political or Humanitarian areas and/or human rights and humanitarian areas.
- Fluent in Spanish and high level of English.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience related to advocacy experience in an NGO environment.
- Experience of a range of campaigning and advocacy techniques and approaches
- Experience in influencing government, donors, and other organizations through representation and/or advocacy
- Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organization and their stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Strong research and policy development skills
- Experience of building networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organization