Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
World Food Programme(WFP), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Coordinate planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on processes and effectiveness of all food assistance interventions in the region;
- Oversee the transition to the new WFP Strategic Plan and Results frameworks – including the preparation of country level Theory of Change models;
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes, project documents, budget revisions and monitoring reports to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results;
- Conduct and oversee outcome measurements including the statistical analysis and reporting of findings for countries with little capacity or as surge capacity during emergencies;
- Support monitoring of livelihood programmes in the region including sharing of best practices and assist in developing M&E systems where necessary;
- Support remote monitoring activities in the region including management of regional contracts and provide technical assistance to countries where needed;
- Represent WFP externally (e.g. at inter-agency meetings with other NGOs and government agencies) and internally (e.g. in HQ meetings and workshops) to exchange knowledge and experience, promote the importance of monitoring and evaluation and build partnerships that enhance inter-agency monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Support coordination of impact studies where requested.
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity of staff, increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other tasks as required.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation
- Led effective monitoring and evaluation processes across multiple countries including training organization and facilitation, designed M&E systems and synthesized corporate requirements for country teams
- Participated in defining the strategic direction and objectives of the monitoring and evaluation function regional and country level
- Experience in evaluations throughout the entire process from ToR design to management response across multiple countries
- Strong statistical/research background including experience in SPSS data analysis and quantitative and qualitative surveys techniques including panel studies and quasi-experimental design
- Proven capacity in conceptualizing and delivering training with technical content
- Experience in supervising and coaching more junior staff
- Remote monitoring experience using mobile technologies from tool design to contracting partners, training, analysis and reporting of findings
- Willingness to travel in support of Country Offices across the region and regional meetings on short notice. Experience in countries covered by RBC of advantage
- Education: Advanced University degree in Statistics, Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field.
- Language: Fluency in both written and oral Arabic and English languages.
How to apply
- The position is ONLY open to candidates currently working under United Nations common system.
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Egyptian female and male candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to APPLY on-line through WFP recruitment website http://www.wfp.org/careers/national-professionals vacancy number: 16-0022013
- Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.