Regional P&C Director, South Asia & Pacific
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Provide strategic leadership and advice to WV Regional and National Offices in the area of people & organizational development by maximizing the potential of WV’s human resources and increasing organizational performance to fulfill WV’s mission & vision while remaining true to its core values.
- Support the RL and Senior Director Operations (SDO) in creating a strategically aligned regional culture and engaged regional workforce.
- Advise and support RL/SDO and matrix manage NO People and Culture in their leadership and engagement on matters related to Human Resource Management and Organizational Development.
- Lead and manage the RO P&C team.
- Advise and support the National Directors on all aspects relating to Human Resource Management and Organizational Development to create an enabling environment and increase people’s productivity.
- Collaborate with Regional Office Strategy Management in setting up and management of region wide performance accountability systems and HR balance scorecard in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide P&C leadership and coordination in Cat II & III relief responses.
- Practice servant leadership and be a role model for the staff team, peers and others.
- Lead in the execution of the RO and NO P&C strategies, ensuring that these are in line with Partnership P&C strategy.
- Contribute to development of global P & C strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that regional priorities are integrated and prioritized.
- Contribute to the development of Regional Office strategy and regional secondary strategies ensuring that P&C priorities and implications are considered and in alignment with global P&C strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of P & C secondary strategy and business plan in support of and in alignment with regional (including sub strategies) and global strategies and priorities.
- Support the National Offices in developing effective P & C strategies, priorities and plans in alignment with the regional and global strategies and priorities.
- Provide leadership to development and implementation of organization wide communication and change management plan during National or Regional Office transition.
Technical & Operational Support:
- Work closely with Regional and National Offices providing technical guidance and input in the areas of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Contribute to the development of global policies, guidelines and standards relating to P & C and provide leadership in contextualizing and mainstreaming these within the region.
- Adapt creative and innovative P & C strategies and practices in recruitment, reward, talent and performance management, staff care and human resource development.
- Lead the P&C Regional team in developing long term and short-term annual plan.
- Lead and manage Regional P & C Team ensuring effective and efficient services to all the customers.
- Facilitate implementation of P&C initiatives implemented in Middle East/Eastern Europe Region such as Leadership Development, Talent Management, Succession Planning etc.
- Ensure that P&C systems, policies and procedures meet the minimum P& C standards for effective management of human resources.
Learning & Development:
- Lead the assessment, development and implementation of an integrated regional Learning & Development plan based on regional P&C priorities and strategy.
- Insure that most talented staff are developed and retained in the organization and key positions are filled in effective time – through effective Talent Management and Succession Planning.
- Provide oversight of recruitment of National Directors, key RO team members and NO P&C leadership.
- Lead the process of continuous learning in P&C practices, systems and tools that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness the organization.
- Encourage mutual learning between National Offices within the SAP region and between other regions.
- Contribute to establishment and use of regional data bases and e-resources including regional good practices relating to human resources and organisational development as part of wider knowledge management strategy.
- Facilitate formation and coordination of regional HR forum or network that contributes to strategy action and promotes learning.
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and contribute to the community of practice and center of excellence.
Quality Assurance/Risk Management:
- Leads RO/NO HR review and assist RO/NO in creating risk mitigation implementation plan related to HR based on GC Internal Audit recommendations related to P&C.
- Lead, monitor and evaluate the progress of RO and NO human resources management practices ensuring compliance with WVI partnership standards, policies and procedures.
- Advises and supports in addressing gaps/issues in P&C practices as necessary and appropriate.
- Contribute and support the organizational culture climate audits and engage NO leaders in mitigating risks in labor management.
- Support the development, implementation and compliance of RO and NO to HR Scorecard in alignment with regional and GC HR goals and priorities.
- Support the SDO in addressing performance, compliance and risk relating to P&C issues in Regional and National Offices.
Internal & External Liaison and Coordination:
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for regional P&C connecting Regional Office, National Offices, Support Offices and Global Center for mutual support.
- Participate and actively contribute to partnership forums, working Groups and networks related to P&C as deemed necessary by regional leadership.
- Work with other members of the SAP team to ensure sound P&C practices within the wider ministry of World Vision in the region.
- Develop external strategic HR networks and linkages with other International Organizations, NGOs, HR consulting groups to expand P&C network in SAP.
- Work closely with the members of the SAP SLT and P&C team to promote mutual learning, support and accountability.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the RL and SDO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in HRD, Psychology, Development Studies, Leadership, or Organizational Development (or Behavior) or MBA.
- Proven record of accomplishment of effective contribution as a member of the top team of a multi-national leadership group, reporting to a CEO-type role.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of Human Resources management and staff development, and knowledge of HR and OD practices, group processes and dynamics and apply such in the SAP context.
- Requires minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Development with significant organizational development experience, or related fields, in a complex, international organization (preferably in an INGO context).
- A proven record of developing people in a cross-cultural setting and initiating and implementing organizational change.
- Committed Christian who attends, participates and leads in devotions.
- Strong analytical, organizational, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills.
- Knowledge of WVI Partnership HR minimum standards and practices.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Travel at least 30% per month.
- This role involves the coordination with geographically dispersed HR teams located in national offices.
- Understand WV governance structure.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands and values diversity and maximizes diversity to achieve organizational goals.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer software such as MS Office, Lotus Notes