Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Work with the PPIAF Management team to develop a strategic work program engagement in East and South Asia;
• Coordinate and supervise the regional portfolio of ongoing PPIAF activities, ensuring the activities are implemented according to objectives, budget and schedule;
• Manage relationships with government clients, Asia-Pacific based trust fund donors, the World Bank Group (WBG) country management units, external consultants and key development partners in the region such as ADB, and AIIB and other bilateral agencies);
• Provide technical expertise on PPPs through the production and dissemination of knowledge on PPPs and the participation in public events and expert meetings in the region;
• Link with the Singapore-based PPP group team & Infrastructure hub team, and Global Infrastructure Facility (GIF) staff in the region; and
• Contribute to PPIAF teamwork through regular interaction with the Program Manager and PPIAF staff, whether based in HQ or field.
• Master’s or equivalent qualification (MBA/MA/MSc) in infrastructure, finance, economics or related subject, and at least 7 years of experience preferably with a proven track record in working with government clients or private sector on PPP projects and programs;
• Proven experience in designing and coordinating technical assistance activities in developing countries;
• Ability to multi-task, deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule;
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the management of potential clients and of financial and technical partners; and
• Excellent English written, communication and presentation skills.