Regional Programme Manager - Middle East
OXFAM, OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE), United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
- By joining our team in the Middle East, as Regional Programme Manager you will contribute to programmes which range from our humanitarian response to the Syria crisis, our programmes in The Occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel, to an exciting regional programme on women’s rights across several countries in the Middle East and Northern Africa. You will play a critical role in supporting one of Oxfam’s biggest country programmes in Yemen in a region where the context has significantly changed over the last years and is still evolving.
- As Regional Programme Manager you will manage our Middle East Gender and Advocacy programmes and our country programmes in Yemen and the Occupied Palestinian Territories/Israel (OPTI) on behalf of the Regional Director. This involves programme operations, budgets and teams based in various countries and having impact across other countries in the Middle East and Northern Africa. You will provide leadership and nurture teams, ensure programme quality, communicate success, share learning and represent Oxfam. As a senior manager in the Region, you will contribute to the overall regional management and representation of Oxfam in the Region.
- Passionate about women’s rights, humanitarian and development work, you will be highly committed to our campaigns and advocacy at country, regional and global levels to lead diverse programmes and teams across several countries in the Middle East.
- An outstanding leader comfortable with change, and able to inspire others both internally and externally, you will bring a strong experience in the Middle East and excellent understanding of the local and regional context to a challenging and rewarding role.
- Benefits: Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development.
- Successful candidates who will be required to relocate internationally to take up the role will be provided with a competitive international relocation package.