CARE USA Core Values Commitment:
The core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY, and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally. Reporting to the Regional HR Generalist - ECSA, People and Culture & Finance and Operations Manager, the **
The role will support the Global HR Generalist to propose research and implement new initiatives for the Region as well as support on all administrative related matters.
S/he will support the HR Generalist to deliver on the objectives of the ECSA roadmap as well as responsible for supporting the core HR functions within CARE East, Central and Southern Africa Regional Office. The position may also require providing occasional back-up support for some Country Offices.
The Regional Senior HR Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive HR transactional support and coordination related to a wide variety of HR activities within ECSA Regional Office.
Delivery on Regional HR Priorities and HR Projects
- Provide Support on the East Central & Southern Africa regional strategic HR priorities
- Develop metric measurement and reporting tools for Regional Management Team discussions on key identified areas; including regional monthly reporting
- Provide support to the Regional Management Team and Regional Leadership Team on HR related issues
- Develop good practice, innovative HR initiatives to assist ECSA achieve excellence.
- Provide support in undertaking and delivery of HR projects under the People, Leadership & Culture ‘pillar’ of the Regional Roadmap.
- Support the Global HR Generalists in ensuring effective rollout of global HR initiatives in COs in the region
- Provide support in tracking key HR Metrics in the Region
Coordinate recruitment and selection process for national positions ensuring compliance to CARE recruitment procedures and best practices, while maintaining high level of integrity and professionalism:
- Assist in shortlisting process as requested;
- Ensure all recruitment logistics such as scheduling interviews, preparation of appropriate interview documents and liaising with candidates
- Participate on interview panels when required;
- Conduct reference checks for selected candidates;
- Inform job applicants on status of their application;
- Maintain tracking system and full documentation of recruitment processes.
- Prepare job offers for successful candidates and contract letters
- Formulate, update and coordinate effective implementation of new staff orientation
- Carry out staff exit interviews and provide useful information for decision making
- Coordinate clearance of exiting staff
Performance & Talent Management
- Coordinate the performance management and appraisal calendar the administration of the annual performance management process for the Regional Office and Country Offices.
- Support the Global HR Generalist in managing Global Talent Management Initiatives in Country Offices
- Assist in identifying training and development needs of the RMU national staff recommending appropriate interventions.
- Champion CARE training and learning sites like CARE Academy and the Village
Human Resource Systems Management
- Work with Global HR Generalists to train HR Leads in COs on global HR policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with local labour laws.
- When necessary conduct field visits to COs to review human resources and administrative procedures and support COs in their needs or ascertain human resources requirements.
- Update and disseminate HR policies and procedures at the Regional Office and ensure consistent understanding and application of policies and compliance with statutory regulations
- Proactively identify and handle employee relations issues with a focus on conflict resolution. Ensure employee disciplinary processes are policy driven and uphold fairness and justice to employees
HR Operational Support
- Provide day-to-day Nairobi Shared Services HR support including benefits administration
- Facilitate timely renewal of staff medical, GPA and GLA benefits.
- Periodically participate in staff salary, benefit surveys, and inform the Finance and Operations Manager on market trends.
- Oversee the management of HR vendors, ensuring quality services offered, payments made in good time and statements are reconciled.
- Keep an accurate account of leave, gratuity and bonus accruals for remuneration related implications;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and CARE policies and flag and address non-compliance
- In close collaboration with the Immigration consultant make applications for expatriate work permits and special passes
- Arrange for visas, work permits, dependent’s passes and other documentation for all international staff
- Keep tracker of the staff work permit and special passes and share information with concerned parties.
Customer Focus - Internal & External; Problem Solving; Functional technical skills; Planning; Informing; Listening; Managing and Measuring Work; Negotiating; Process Management; Written communication.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in general HR management in a similar role. Previous work experience with an international NGO is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Employment Laws in the COs within the region.
Travel - Expected to travel at least 40%