The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: University degree in information technology, business management or other relevant field, or related trainings is desirable and would be an advantage. Training and knowledge of business analysis methodologies would be an asset.
- Experience: At least 3 years of IT support or System support or Application support
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of IT Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Access and Configuration Management, according to ITIL v.3 or later best practices.
- Experience on business analysis troubleshooting procedures, such as diagnose and rectification of errors.
- Customer oriented oral and written communication skills.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) appropriate to the regional bureau is desirable.
The World Food Programme has developed, and is continuing to enhance and maintain, a set of digital solutions to help in managing:
- the identities and entitlements of its beneficiaries,
- the operational parameters of the programmes that transfer benefits to them, and
- the assurances and insights to ensure related risks are properly managed.
This includes SCOPE, WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports the WFP programme intervention cycle from a technical perspective. The SCOPE platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, intervention setup, distribution planning, transfer and distribution reporting. While there is a current focus and scale-up/enhancement related to cash-based transfers, SCOPE is intended and being developed to fully support all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, voucher and cash for a variety of project activities. WFP also plans to develop a broader digital assistance platform and provide related services beyond the current SCOPE capabilities over the next couple of years.
To support SCOPE users in their ability to maximize the SCOPE platform, there is a dedicated Service Support function servicing the globe. The SCOPE Service Support (Operations) team is based in Nairobi, Kenya with extended presence in each of WFP’s regional bureaux. The team provides technical support to over 3000 WFP users in 60 Country Offices as well as to external users. To ensure the effective operation of the Service Operations function, additional SCOPE Regional Support positions are required at the Regional Bureau. These positions will cover a second level support/business analyst role.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
With a dedicated focus in the region and its context, but where also relevant globally, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- Log all relevant incidents/service requests details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
- Provide troubleshooting and validation of incidents as 2nd line support to the WFP Country Offices in general but specifically to the Country Offices in their respective regions.
- Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of faults reported by the CO team or Service Operations team.
- Resolve or escalate incidents and service requests according to established procedures.
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support issues and the highest possible levels of end user satisfaction.
- Liaise with SCOPE Product Development team and SCOPE Service Support team in Nairobi when new functionality is introduced and support its implementation.
- Participate together with the SCOPE Service Support team in testing release candidates.
- Assist in writing region-specific application usage and troubleshooting guidance instructions when applicable.
- Manage high severity incidents, to ensure the correct reporting, escalation and resolution
- Perform initial analysis for Incidents that can become Change Requests or Problems.
- Report daily to the Senior Regional Service Support (RSS) officer on status of activities and/or, as required, escalating blocking issues accordingly.
- Report weekly to the Regional Business Transformation officer, together with the Senior RSS, on issues that require higher level escalation.
- Respond to incident requests within SLA timelines
- Perform testing and execute test plans