Regional Specialist, Faith and Development in Programmes
World Vision International (WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Resource Development and External Engagement:
- Build relationships and engage with entities external to World Vision for possible partnerships in projects and programmes that support Faith and Development Integration in the South Asia and Pacific Region.
- Work with Support Offices to strengthen the integration of Faith and Development in projects and programmes in the South Asia and Pacific Region.
- Develop processes for collaboration, partnerships and accountability for Faith and Development projects and programmes within WV and with external organisations.
- Explore and develop multiple resource streams for matters related to strengthening faith perspectives in the region, eg, spiritual formation, holistic development, integration of faith in development work, understanding and working with churches and different faith groups, spiritual nurture of children.
- Forge partnerships with FBOs and others in F&D initiatives and programmes.
Strategy, Development and Refinement of Integrated Programmes:
- Provide guidance to the Region and National Offices in integrating Faith and Development in Strategies, Business Plans, Child Wellbeing Reports.
- Contribute to the development and practice of contextualised Faith and Development models that are integrated with Development, HEA and Advocacy to enhance the well-being of children.
- Assist National Offices with tools and guidelines for integrating faith perspectives in the development of technical approaches in Health, Child Protection, Education, Economic Development, People and Culture, HEA, Advocacy,
- LEAP / TD, etc.
- Support National Offices in the design, implementation, evaluation and learning on context appropriate models for Faith and Development programmes.
- Supports the development, implementation and monitoring of the Regional Faith and Development Strategy.
- Assist the process of continuous learning related to Faith and Development and its integration with other lines of ministries, sectors and themes.
- Facilitate mutual learning of Faith and Development among National Offices within the region.
- Assist in the coordination of regional Faith and Development forum and networks.
- Facilitate the documentation and sharing of Faith and Development promising practices and contribute to the community of practice internally and externally.
Internal Liaison and Coordination:
- Participate in and coordinate regional working groups and networks related to Faith and Development as deemed necessary by the Regional Faith and Development Director.
- Liaise with other sectors in integrating faith perspectives in appropriate and relevant ways.
- Organize and coordinate prayer networks prayer mobilization at regional level.
Support the Faith and Development Director in the development of models, tools, and resources in:
- Reinforcing our Christian foundations, identity and witness.
- Spiritual formation of staff.
- Partnership with churches.
- Interfaith understanding and cooperation.
- Integration of faith and work.
- Spiritual Nurture of Children.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Tertiary qualifications in Theology, Social Sciences or International Studies, Development Studies or Business related degree with experience in the social sector.
- Demonstrated skills in engaging with internal and external entities in programme and project resourcing, design, implementation, monitoring.
- Proven ability to work in diverse cultural and faith contexts and with people of different faiths.
- Good understanding of the Christian perspectives and rationale for engaging in community development and humanitarian response.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in community development, organizational development, and related fields.
- Formal training in mission and development
- Demonstrated skills in designing spiritual development programs and resources in various faith/religious and cultural contexts.
- Experience in engaging with external development organisations in programme and project funding