Regional Strategy Advisor
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Supports better decision making & helps position World Vision externally with peers and industry leaders through stronger presentation of evidences from entities in the region.
- Provide leadership support on issues related to the quality assurance & knowledge management in the region and build communities of practice within National Offices.
- Ensure programme quality capacity building is appropriately captured within strategic management processes, organizational capacity plans, investments and business plans.
- Ensure World Vision is appropriately represented at selected external events & strategic relationships that promote excellence in strategy and programme quality.
- Strengthen the process at the National Office level in cascading the Organization Strategic Objectives into the programme design in alignment to LEAP 3.0 implementation, using the programme quality standards reference.
- Strengthen the process and mainstreaming Balance Score Card monitoring and reporting process in NOs and Regional Office, in particular that related to the Impact area/perspective.
- Strengthen the quality of child well-being reporting across the region.
- Strengthen data driven decision making, ensuring that programme quality findings and insights are incorporated into strategies and performance management tools.
- Explore opportunities for external benchmarking to ensure World Vision’s programmes and organizational learning is comparable to peer organizations.
- Ensure National Offices have robust programme quality processes in place in alignment to the partnership quality assurance guidelines and escalate issues to regional leadership if gaps in performance are not addressed.
- Develop a common set of definitions for quality programming, knowledge management & evidence base within the region to ensure that all stakeholders have a common language.
- Ensure that all National Offices have appropriate strategies to target & improve programme quality & knowledge management across all Lines of Ministry (TD, Advocacy & HEA) and other business functions, in alignment with the organizational strategic direction.
- Ensure that all National Offices are investing appropriately to strengthen programme quality.
- Advise and support National Offices on all aspects in particular capacity and investment gap related to programme quality, World Vision’s Development Programme Approach, LEAP 3.0, O4 and Child Well-being Reporting.
- Equip National Offices to provide peer support for quality assurance and knowledge management.
- Support the development of global processes & tools for programme quality standards, child well-being reporting, programme design as required by Global Center.
- Strengthen Support Office engagement within the region through the Programme Support Team (PST), supporting the implementation of O4 recommendations and streamlining touch points with National Offices.
- Coordinate the implementation of GTRN in SAP Region to support resource sharing, deployment and resource mobilization in the region.
- Support the implementation of Horizon in the region in close coordination with Horizon Project Manager.
- Maintain and enhance the regional balanced scorecard and ensure that regional reporting is in alignment with the global scorecard/performance monitoring framework.
- Provide programme quality input into the business planning process both as part of the National Office process and within the Regional Office team.
- Identify research topics of interest to regional leadership and oversee the development of high quality white paper publications highlighting World Vision’s operations & impact addressing particular development issues.
- Strengthen the linkage between the Regional Quality Assurance function and Communications & Public Engagement to ensure that programme quality priorities are guided by strategic relationships & deliverables for these teams.
- Support the Regional and National Offices in creating learning opportunities with external organizations to encourage ongoing performance improvement and DME improvement.
- Encourage mutual learning between National Offices within the South Asia & Pacific Region and between other regions in order to support programme quality capacity building in the region.
- Ensure that the region builds an evidence base of best practice approaches in programmatic and functional areas that support World Vision’s regional positioning and external engagement.
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for the transition towards the O4 operations.
- Develop and maintain networks with other INGOs, UN agencies, business entities etc.
- Lead and support Christian activities that enrich and develop mutual growth in Christ.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by supervisor, including administrative and planning functions.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate degree in social science, development studies or other professional degree equivalent or other relevant degree with experience.
- Understand Programme Design Best Practice and Familiar with World Vision’s LEAP framework & design, monitoring and evaluation (DME).
- Experience in Program Design and Implementation.
- Knowledge of various technical sectors of development such as food security, primary health care, micro enterprises development, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Basic Statistical Analysis using computer programs.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills.
- Knowledge in performance management.
- Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills.
- Minimum five years experience in relief and development work, out of which three years in grassroots relief and development work.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation work and social research.
- Experience in organization and facilitation of training programmes including facilitation of virtual training.
- Experience in the development of DME related technical resources.
- Master Degree in Social Science, Development and any other related field.
- Familiar with grants and different donors requirements for DME and Project Management.
- Experience in Research Design and Field Research/Operation Research and have research published.
- High understanding of Development Theory .