Regional Talent Management & Organisational Development Advisor
World Vision, Dakar, Senegal
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of position:
This role exists to advise the Regional Office in the area of Talent Management, staff development, performance management and Organisational Development (OD), In doing so, the incumbent is expected to:
- working with the Global Center in implementing global initiatives that represent the vehicles for achieving the talent agenda in the region,
- assess the West African context to find opportunities that can be harnessed and articulate it in a talent management strategy to guide the agenda in the region.
As a Strategic Partner and under the direction of the Regional P&C Director, the Regional Talent Management and OD Advisor will perform the following responsibilities:
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
- Implements a learning and leadership development frameworks in the Region to enable leadership success across all leadership stages
- Contributes to continuity, quality of Regional and National Offices leadership through effective talent management and succession planning – Integrated Talent Management programs & initiatives.
- Develops the capacity development strategy for frontline staff in World Vision International West Africa Region (WVI WAR) as well as develops/manages the capacity building programs deriving from the strategy.
- Participates in the global workforce planning initiative from a regional perspective and acts as the regional focal point for the gathering and maintaining of Human capital related data.
- Implements the Partnership Performance Management program within the Region
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- Works with region, national offices and GC on diversity & inclusion (D&I) initiatives & D&I Metrics &Reporting
- Implements a change management approach that ensures that the Region will move from current state to future desired state in an efficient and effective manner
ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN AND DEVELOPEMNT
- Responsible for regional consultancy and advisement in the area of organisational design and development
- Ensures a region-wide process is in place for assessing and maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Master degree preferably in Human Resources or equivalent
- Relevant working experience- At least 5 to 7 years related HR experience generalist or specialist;
- Has managed a sizeable team successfully & has carried responsibility for developing staff.
- Has a special interest in diversity & inclusion (D&I) and experience in deploying D&I programs
- Senior HR generalist with experience of working in a global environment
- Has had project administration experience in a global context
- Learning & development auditing skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of implementing Talent management, diversity & inclusion programs at major organizations.
- Experience with work force planning models or systems
- Training design, delivery & measuring impact skills