CTG Global, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of position
The Ministry of Internal Securities of Jubaland & South West States & IOM are seeking to recruit an experienced female Clinical Nurse to provide healthcare services to beneficiaries at the Rehabilitation Center for Vulnerable Youth (Female) in Baidoa & Kismayo.
The Nurse will be responsible for establishing & running of a rehabilitation center medical clinic that provides preventive, curative & promotive health services to the beneficiaries. She will directly be supervised by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & Transition Center staff with technical support from IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD). Overall contract performance management is jointly monitored & evaluated by both the Jubaland & South West Ministry of Internal Securities & IOM. IOM will undertake contracting obligations & remuneration.
This is a full time positions, based in the Female Rehabilitation Centers in Baidoa & Kismayo. The specific tasks include:
- Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into program, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Center.
- Provide medical treatment & referrals of complicated cases.
- Establish patient care goals, teach & counsel patients & reinforce their understanding of disease, medications & self care skills, answers questions.
- Conduct regular health & hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the center.
- Maintain a safe & clean working environment at all times.
- Adhere to infection control policies & protocols, medication administration & storage procedures & controlled substance regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies & drugs, checking expiration dates & in ensuring & verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- Report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
- Collate, analyse & generate relevant data & submit reports as required.
- This role reports to the Rehabilitation Center Manager.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing/Clinical Medicine from recognized Institution/University.
- Should hold valid practice license from the relevant authority.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical practice in Somalia &/or Somali population.
- Experience in working in public health in Somalia &/or Somali population.
- Experience in working with the Ministry of Health, an asset.
- Experience in working in international organizations, an asset.