PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to serve as the primary point person in World Vision for financial reporting and analysis. This position is responsible for leading, managing and supporting Financial Reporting and Analysis Groups under the Financial Reporting Services Centre (FRSC) in the production and generation of financial reports and analysis, and ensure that these are within global and World Vision standards and in accordance with the direction of Global Finance. This position will also support and assist FRSC and the Senior Director, Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis for the development, production and delivery of top-level reports and analysis.
This position will provide technical expertise and exercise managerial capacity necessary to manage the daily operations in FRSC, and assess, equip and support staff development to ensure the staff’s readiness for future responsibilities and adapt easily to changes and demands.
The position requires collaborative work with the managers/leaders for Finance Systems and People & Partnership Alignment, as well as other stakeholders.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Lead, manage and support the Financial Reporting and Analysis groups (e.g. National Office Reporting and Analysis) in the generation and production of financial reports and analysis, and in coordinating and managing stakeholder and client expectations and requirements.
- Assist and support FRSC and the Senior Director, Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis in preparing and producing reports and analysis required for top-level performance assessment and decision-making.
Stakeholder & Client Management:
Continuously collaborate and communicate with FRSC Leadership and other stakeholders and clients to learn and understand their needs and challenges.
Identify problems and issues and proactively seek solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the other units in FRSC and support with information, resources (e.g. manpower), etc. that will help them in accomplishing their work and in achieving the overall objectives of FRSC.
- Liaise with other departments and divisions in World Vision (e.g. WVIT, Global Treasury, GC Accounting, Global Field Finance, Support Offices, National Offices) and build linkages to optimize information, knowledge and expertise that will enable decision-making and strategic actions.
- Manage and support direct reports of the Financial Reporting and Analysis unit to enable them to grow and succeed in their roles. Set performance agreements and manage with ongoing review and feedback including adjustments, as required.
- Support staff development by continually updating their knowledge and skills with industry best practices and analytical tools.
- Monitor the development of direct reports' staff and lead direct reports in managing staff development.
Planning & Assessment:
- Identify areas of improvement in the unit and implement changes that will result to increased efficiency, higher productivity, and better quality results.
- Anticipate changes in the industry and in the partnership, and take the necessary action to prepare and capacitate the unit and its staff to meet those changes.
- Prepare and monitor the budget of the unit, and coordinate with the Manager for People and Partnership Alignment and Project and Finance Systems Manager.
- Prepare strategic goals, objectives and plans for the unit as well as for the entire FRSC department.
- Manage and oversee administrative duties such as timekeeping (e.g. leave applications, official business requests) and expense review of direct reports.
- Evaluate and monitor administrative duties of direct reports towards their staff to ensure that the overall administration of the unit is efficient, effective and in accordance with office policy.
- Participate in FRSC Leadership with the FRSC Finance director and other FRSC Operational Managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in business, finance or accountancy.
- MS Office (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint).
- At least 8 consecutive years in finance or accounting, preferably in a non-profit organization. At least 4 years of that should include managing people and teams.
- Has extensive experience in preparing and analysing accounting and financial reports for internal and external clients.
- Excellent skills in people management, time management, problem solving, interpersonal relations, decision-making, and oral and written communication.
- Professional designation in finance, accounting or related fields (e.g. CPA, CFA, CA).
- Knowledge or experience with accounting and financial systems (e.g. SunSystems, Oracle).
- Able to make decisions and take action with little or no direction.
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organisation, and represent the unit and department.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.