Reporting & Communication Officer
Relief International, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support across RI-Yemen humanitarian program portfolio. The Reporting and Communication Officer is fully responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes for RI Yemen. This includes, but is not limited to, heavy support finalizing grants, communication and information management, as well as assisting programs team in other tasks.
- With input from the national program, data management and M&E Teams, help produce high quality program progress reports as per donors and RI requirements;
- Key responsibility in the preparation, quality assurance and compliance, and submission of donor reports;
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits (if relevant);
- Support program staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required;
- Provide relevant expert services to the project management unit, program components and implementing partners on reporting and communications;
- Improve information management across emergency and humanitarian programming portfolio, including through communication with communities and 2-way feedback mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain the program documentation system in collaboration with other departments, including M&E;
- Other duties as needed
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management within RI Yemen and to external audience.
- Develop, implement and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners and government about RI as an organization and program progress.
- Facilitate advocacy and communication processes across all humanitarian programming;
- Undertake filed visits to gather the information and results related to the program, and prepare relevant field visits reports and communication materials.
- Support RI external representation to donors, UN, and other stakeholders;
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, Middle East Studies, communications, journalism, social sciences or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of reporting and program experience in the INGO/Humanitarian field;
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, EC, ECHO, UN regulations; especially UN and UNICEF rules and guidelines desirable;
- Extensive experience in communication, reporting, documentation, publication in relation to INGO/Humanitarian sector;
- Work experience in the Middle East ;
- Excellent written and spoke English skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Experience in emergency response and conflict/IDP setting desired.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation