About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Position Summary: The Communications & Reporting Associate will be an integral member of the Grants Unit at RI Bangladesh. The Grants Unit serves as the facilitator for grants management processes in country and ensures compliance with donor requirements at all stages of the project lifecycle. The Grants Unit’s responsibilities include, but not limited to, ensuring timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant opening and closeout processes, advising on donor rules and regulations, maintaining grants related information and files, leading proposal development processes, managing reporting deadlines and producing high-quality program reports and donor updates, and developing internal and external communication materials.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for narrative reports, assessments, studies, and project proposals as needed.
- Coordinate with the Programs Team and Grants Coordinator to assist in copy-editing, writing, and finalizing donor narrative reports for the RI Cox’s Bazar Office.
- Lead/support in all other reporting including situation reports and other program updates/progress reports as and when needed.
- Coordinate with the Cox’s Bazar Programs Team, and the Global Communications Team to provide support in information management and in collecting, editing, and producing RI-Cox’s Bazar communication pieces including success stories and photos.
- Provide day-to-day general program support to the Cox’s Bazar team;
- Research, write, edit and compile proposal sections and supporting documents ensuring compliance with donor requirements;
- Coordinate with grants & contracts unit at headquarters for review, support and approval on all proposals, budgets and contracts;
- File and maintain all grant documentation, including contracts, budgets, external evaluations, quarterly reports, etc.;
- Prepare contracts and agreements for short-term consultants;
- Design surveys and assessments, and support field teams with implementation and monitoring of said assessments, analyze results and write reports to support program monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL);
- Assist in the monitoring of work plans, project activities and other deliverables;
- Represent RI to external stakeholders and effectively demonstrate knowledge of the company’s history, values, capacity and goals;
- Assist in routine administrative duties as needed.
- Assist the Grants Coordinator in developing stories for donors.
- Maintain up-to-date information management system of project successes and provide information to the Global Communications Department for social media.
- Work in close coordination with Global Communications Department through participation in skype calls and meetings when necessary.
- Work with project staff and Programs team to facilitate communication processes. Including, providing training to project staff on obtaining consent, taking photos, and collecting appropriate information for success stories.
- Improve information management across emergency and humanitarian programming portfolio, including through communication with communities, local actors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with field teams to gather information needed for donor updates;
- Support field teams with communications materials they can share with local stakeholders;
- Prepare public relations materials such as brochures, information sheets, capacity statements, monthly newsletters, and annual reports;
- Create project location maps for relevant communications materials;
- Develop materials and updates to share with donors;
- Conduct internal desk reviews, research innovative techniques, help generate lessons learned, questionnaires, best practices, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- University or Masters degree, with previous experience interning or working with an international NGO.
- Prior experience with budget and proposal development highly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation