Reporting & Communications Specialist
Danish Refugee Council, Yola, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
The Reporting and Communication Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for DRC Nigeria internal purposes and as per donor requirements. The position is also responsible to develop high-quality communication products, highlighting DRC Nigeria programme activities for external audiences.
- Under the direction of the QAM and in coordination with programme sector managers and the M&E Specialist, ensure timely compilation of programme and project data to meet the internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by the deadline;
- Ensure templates and processes are fit for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Conduct capacity building with programme and support unit staff to ensure reporting requirements and toolkits are used effectively;
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the QAM prior to dissemination.
- Ensure that all grants and subsequent documents are uploaded to Dynamics timely and relevant information is updated
- Under the direction of the QAM, develop, implement, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners, donors, beneficiaries and host communities, media, the general public, and government stakeholders about DRC-DDG as an organization and programme achievements and progress;
- Act as the focal point for collecting and compiling information to produce external communication products promoting the contribution of DRC-DDG Nigeria to the crisis response, ensuring protection principles and standards are adhered to in all products disseminated publicly;
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness of the crisis in northeast Nigeria and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC-DDG;
- Provide high-quality editing of text and visual materials and products to the standard required for public dissemination;
- Maintain and update DRC-DDG Nigeria country profile documents, fact sheets, and presentations for external audiences;
- Ensure all DRC-DDG and donor visibility requirements and communications commitments are implemented;
- In coordination with the QAM, liaise with DRC-DDG West Africa regional office and headquarters communications focal points as required.
- Support programme unit to compile high-quality concept papers and proposals, especially your role will be a compilation of inputs and editing of concept/proposal documents
- Ensure updating of DRC Nigeria grant files for ease of reference
- Regularly update rant portfolio document, highlighting reporting timelines, as well as concept and proposal development timelines
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience working with humanitarian/development organizations with responsibilities for grants, reporting and/or communications.
- University degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, journalism, communications or similar
- Certification or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, publishing, or similar
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity in editing of written and audio-visual reporting and communication products to the quality required for submission and dissemination to external audiences;
- Advanced computer literacy in publishing and design software (Office suite, Adobe, InDesign, etc), evidenced by a portfolio of communications products produced by the candidate;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment