Save the Children, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
- The "Reporting Coordinator" will be deployed in Bamako to support the efforts of reporting to donors.
- The "Reporting Coordinator" will support the DPO and PDQ in the strategy to improve the quality of narrative reports to donors.
- The incumbent will work with the "Grants and Awards Manager" on reports due to donors and other members of the team.
- This post addresses the need to strengthen the team's ability in drafting narrative reports for all areas.
- The incumbent will be required to strengthen the capacity of the country program staff in drafting reports.
Qualifications and experience
- A significant work experience in humanitarian and development programs internationally.
- Experience in project management and project management cycle, including design, implementation and evaluation.
- An excellent command of French and English (written and spoken).
- Experience in reporting to donors (narrative and financial), including USAID, EU, DFID, ECHO and OFDA.
- Good understanding of donor requirements and reporting mechanisms.
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to train and develop staff capacity.
- Experience and commitment to work through community participation and accountability systems.
- Experience in managing and monitoring the budget.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive, with qualities of patience and diplomacy.
- The ability and willingness to be extremely flexible in difficult working conditions and sometimes dangerous.
- Commitment to SCI goals and principles; in particular, an understanding of the mandate of SCI and its focus on children and the ability to ensure that this approach is the foundation of our commitment.
- Previous experience working and living in the regions / relevant contexts.
- Experience in conducting needs assessments.
- Experience of proposals development mechanisms and reports of members of SCI