UNICEF, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Representative serves as the accredited representative of the UNICEF Executive Director in the Country and reports to the Regional Director for general direction.
- The Representative is responsible for establishing dialogue with the government to develop the framework of cooperation in the country and for working closely and collaboratively with the government and national institutions, stakeholders and partners, to develop the UNICEF Country Program of Cooperation in support of UNICEF's and national and international development efforts to advance children's rights to survival, development and well-being as established under the Convention on the Rights of the Child, international treaties/framework and UN intergovernmental bodies.
- The incumbent is also responsible for all aspects of office management of the UNICEF country office.
- An Advanced University Degree in social sciences, international relations, government and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development or other related fields, is required.
- A minimum of 10 years professional development experience that combines managerial and technical leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which served in developing countries is required.
- Relevant professional experience in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset